berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  3:15:24 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Nancy Jo! I'm a type A personality, the more I have to do, the more I get done! I just love making things by hand/machine for others! And I love buttons! I'm looking for big round white buttons for a Strawberry applique quilt I am working on. The button will be the flower. I could make and send you a pair of pillow cases! Email me privately with your address, and I will with mine if your interested! What colors do you like and do you collect anything? Do you like roses or maybe strawberries or something else? Just let me know!

gloria g.

strawberry fields forever and ever!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  3:34:41 PM  Show Profile
woopeee!!!
NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2006 :  3:46:33 PM  Show Profile
I love hats and wear one all the time. I have a straw hat made by Scala that I've had for over 5 years...by far the favorite, but it has become sort of ratty and is now designated to be just a work hat. It's one of those that can actually be crushed and survive (and it has been). I did buy another exactly the same when they went on clearance :) and it is the "good/church" version. I have a variety of other straw hats, but seem to gravitate to this one style. In the winter I wear knit caps (really bad hat-head), corduroy rolled brim or a sort of "Indiana Jones" style to keep the rain and snow off. My least favorite are baseball caps because they don't cover the ears and that's one place I do burn!
My hat's off to you all,
Sharon
PS Jenny, I'm making a bonnet for Pioneer day too! I actually have one that would be perfect, but I can't bring myself to wear the horrid pink, white and brown 1970's giant daisy thing! Not very poineer-ish :)

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2006 :  11:50:55 AM  Show Profile
I love hats too, although many of them do tend to give me "hat head". I even wanted to take millinery lessons for awhile to learn how to make the more difficult to construct ones. We should bring them back. I remember in the late 70's/early 80's I used to wear hats all the time.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic hats Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page