Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Toothbrush needle rug??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Toothbrush needle rug?? Next Topic  

simpler1773
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Ricki
Ashland Wisconsin
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2007 :  1:10:35 PM  Show Profile  Send simpler1773 a Yahoo! Message
Thought I'd start a new thread since I didn't get an answer on the other one :)

Does someone here make these? I had never heard of them. I'm wondering if they are easier to make than the crocheted ones or braided ones?

Thanks!

~Ricki~
You can't pour anything out of an empty vessel, take care of yourself!

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2007 :  1:22:28 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
I have not made one it . But I know what they are it is basically and embroidery blanket stitch that forms the rug not hard. If you want to reactivate a thread you just type * bump* and every one knows you are reactivating it so that you can have an answer. I have made crochet ones, braided one, latch hook ones, needle point, and traditional hook rugs none are hard if you study them before you make them meaning read on line tutorials, watch videos read book or have someone show you. They are all pretty simple.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
my web stores www.sunshines.etsy.com and http://vintagethreads.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

simpler1773
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Ricki
Ashland Wisconsin
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2007 :  2:09:57 PM  Show Profile  Send simpler1773 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks sunshine ~ I just figured I'd start a new thread since my question was a little different than the original :)

I've tried the crochet one with my Mom showing me how and I just couldn't seem to get the hang of it ~ I don't know why. I can do a blanket stitch though ~ so maybe I can try this.

Thanks again.

~Ricki~
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2007 :  2:15:48 PM  Show Profile
Sorry, never tried this. I've done a couple of crocheted rugs, they went so fast, that's why I like doing them and I used up a lot of leftover material that way. Maybe you could "google" some instructions on it.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9362 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9362 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2007 :  2:52:44 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I have made a toothbrush rug. Much easier than crocheting a rug.
You can go to www.auntphillys.com and she has pictures of finished ones.
Denise
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2007 :  10:47:49 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for reminding me. I've been wanting to order the tootbrush needle and since I am totally a visual learner, I sucked it up and ordered the video. Once I learn this, I'll let you all know in case you'd like to have it.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

simpler1773
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Ricki
Ashland Wisconsin
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2007 :  6:48:38 PM  Show Profile  Send simpler1773 a Yahoo! Message
Yes, I'd love to know how the video is. I found an online site that has alot of pictures ~ I thought I might try one of these days. Wouldn't you know, out of 10 or 15 odd toothbrushes in my stash, I don't have any with holes in them? Might have to break out the drill!

Here's the link to that site http://thelibrary.springfield.missouri.org/lochist/periodicals/bittersweet/sp81g.htm

~Ricki~
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Toothbrush needle rug?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page