Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 Keeping in Touch
 Family Traditions...post your stories here!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Family Traditions...post your stories here! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2008 :  3:21:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I have enjoyed reading all of your traditions. I don't really have any from childhood. Now I have grown children and our tradition is that they come Christmas eve day and we all bring Mexican food and we have a good old fashioned feast. I have a pickle ornament that the grandchildren compete with each other to find first, for a special prize. Then all of us adults exchange stockings, the grandchildren get stockings too, and presents from grandpa and grandma. We visit and enjoy each other. That's the best part.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2008 :  1:36:27 PM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
Our first tradition is for Thanksgiving--we stay home and have pizza!!! Then because everyone is spread so far apart they get their gifts asap but this year no one is getting their stockings until we have our family dinner!! This year its Dec 30!!!!

Marcy #257

When I stand before God at the end of my life I hope that I would not have a bit of talent left and could say “I used everything You gave me”.(erma bombeck)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Family Traditions...post your stories here! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page