Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Bambach Saddle Seat Next Topic  

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2005 :  10:44:37 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Girls! I just came from my dental office and my teeth cleaning person had this type of chair, without the back. It was so intriguing I had to try it out, and it is very comfortable, and really helps with posture. For those of us that are stuck at a desk all day, this might be a very worthwhile investment. Gonna do more research for a U.S. distributor, as this is an Australian invention. Always like to find new ideas and solutions. Perhaps it will intrigue some of you too!

http://www.bambach.com.au/wr/index.htm

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2005 :  12:29:29 PM  Show Profile
It looks like a bicycle seat on steroids! I guess you would not be encouraged to wear many dresses to sit in that position! Did that big lump in the middle not bother you? I just can't imagine that I would get used to that protrusion in that location! Let us know what you find out they certainly are a new approach to corrective seating! And maybe the pictures are deceptive and it really isn't what I am invisioning!I have let my imagination get the best of me in the past!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2005 :  12:37:38 PM  Show Profile
Bramble, you are too funny, girl! It is very reminiscent of a saddle for a horse, hence its name. I grew up riding horses, so this isn't an unusual thing for me. I agree, at first sight it's unusual... but hey, anything that will help my back I will definately consider! (I was wearing a dress today while trying it out... a fuller skirt is okay. a tight skirt wouldn't work at all, but hey, farmgirls are into looser, more comfortable clothes anyway!)

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

Go to Top of Page

cecelia
True Blue Farmgirl

497 Posts

cecelia
new york
USA
497 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2005 :  8:30:22 PM  Show Profile
It looks strange, but also strangely comfortable. Clare - did you try sitting in it?

Cecelia

ce's farm

"Curiosity is one of the forms of feminine bravery" Victor Hugo
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2005 :  8:40:51 PM  Show Profile
Just sat in it for a couple minutes, Cecelia, so that's not a sufficient test... but my dental tech swears by it... she's even taking a ribbin' for having it, but just doesn't care! My kinda gal!

Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Bambach Saddle Seat Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page