Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hi there from Texas Next Topic  

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2005 :  5:20:52 PM  Show Profile
Just wanted to say hi and kinda introduce myself. We live in beautiful Texas and although I don't have land, my parents who live 2 miles up the road have 40 acres. There we have a horse, cattle, and wild turkeys. My mother and I LOVE gardening and we have a very large garden that's doing very well (except for minor hail and wind damage). My other hobbies include camping, fishing, and I LOVE cooking.
I am married to a wonderful man and have 2 beautiful little girls, 2 dogs, 1 cat, a fish and a hermit crab (sorry have to include all my kids, lol).
I have thoroughly been enjoying this site and reading a lot of new info. Well off to search more topics, just wanted to say hi!!!

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2005 :  5:46:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi Lone Star Gal I am also a Lone Star Gal--I live out on a tiny place west of Fort Worth. Hope that you will join our HOWDY YA"LL Farm girl chapter.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2005 :  6:08:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi Lonestargal, welcome to our little piece of heaven here! And by the way, thanks for the biscuit recipe! :)

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page

Nana Naomi
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Mary
Tyler, Texas TX
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2005 :  05:36:26 AM  Show Profile
Howdy!
Welcome to another Texas Farm Girl. My place is sort of a misfit. I have 3/4 of an acre in the middle of Tyler! So far all that I have growing is a tub of strawberries, some hardy herbs, 3 cats, 3 dogs and one 11-year-old beautiful daughter!
Go to Top of Page

lonestargal
True Blue Farmgirl

607 Posts

Kristi
Texas
607 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2005 :  08:53:24 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Molly!! I hope you like it.

Connio and Naomi, we are in Wichita Falls. Love it here.
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2005 :  2:30:36 PM  Show Profile
Howdy once again to the other Texas Farm Girls. Really hope that you will consider joining the HOWDY YA"LL farm girl chapter. I received 2 kits so I have plenty of certificates etc. We are all withing "easy" driving distance of one another--perhaps one day we could plan a get together? I saw in the new issue of the magazine that there is a Texas Farm girl from Weatherford--are you out there? Weatherford is within "spittin distance" of my place.

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2005 :  3:27:42 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Lonestargal! Glad you are here! Texas is a beautiful and diverse state. I love visiting there. I live in Kansas, so I am not far. But wow is it a BIG state to drive north to the Gulf coast! Good folks live down your way! I look forward to hearing more of your life in Texas! Jenny

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

Nicol
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Nicol

200 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2005 :  10:39:24 AM  Show Profile
Welcome lonestargal! I have family in Texas. My mom was born in Boerne. I'm going to be in Canyon Lake for a family reunion in July!
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2005 :  2:09:47 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
quote:
[i]I am also a Lone Star Gal--I live out on a tiny place west of Fort Worth.
Connie

cozycottage

Howdy! Wonder if you know where Woodson/Breckenridge are? My dad grew up on a farm about 14 miles outside Woodson. I have very fond memories of that area.

Blessings & Bliss!.· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´ -:¦:-~Susan~
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
Wife, Mother, Natural Woman, Savonnière, Writer, Baker, Gardener.
Soulmate to Jerry for 30 years
Mom to Zach, Gesikah, Nathan, Hannah, Rachel and Benjamin
Yetta to Sam

"It's no bad thing to celebrate a simple life" ~ Bilbo Baggins

If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you need to seriously re-examine your life.
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hi there from Texas Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page