knewslady
True Blue Farmgirl

555 Posts

Kathy
Russellville KY
USA
555 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2007 :  05:20:14 AM  Show Profile
Well, it's time for the Saturday morning cleaning blues once again. I hardly ever watch "The View" but one day while rocking a grandbaby a month ago I caught it with Martha Stewart on there. She said we SHOULD enjoy cleaning our homes. I'm sorry Martha, but I have never been one of those people. Don't get me wrong, I love a clean home, I just get tired of being the one who does it all the time. It still amazes me with no kids around anymore how just me and the husband can get things in such a mess. I guess that is from not doing anything all week long as far as housework is concerned and waiting to do it all one day. Have a good one ladies, me and the Lemon Pledge are off to spend a meaningful day together once again.
Kathy

Will always be a farmgirl at heart

Persephone
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Katrina
Indiana
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2007 :  07:12:15 AM  Show Profile
It's not my favorite thing to do, but I enjoy cleaning the house- or rather, I enjoy the way it looks after it's cleaned! I get such a feeling of satisfaction from keeping my house clean- do you take time after you're done to really sit back, pat yourself on the back and admire your cleaning job? Take pride in your work!
Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2007 :  07:50:25 AM  Show Profile
Have you read this?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6214655.stm

Housework cuts breast cancer risk The study authors theorize: Dusting, mopping and vacuuming are better than having a physical job. ( always thought they were a job! )

"Out of all of the activities, only housework significantly reduced the risk of both pre- and post-menopausal women getting the disease.
Housework cut breast cancer risk by 30% among the pre-menopausal women and 20% among the post-menopausal women.

The international authors said their results suggested that moderate forms of physical activity, such as housework, may be more important than less frequent but more intense recreational physical activity in reducing breast cancer risk."
Go to Top of Page

knewslady
True Blue Farmgirl

555 Posts

Kathy
Russellville KY
USA
555 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2007 :  08:58:04 AM  Show Profile
Gosh Ellen, that is interesting. Gives you a different outlook on housework, doesn't it?

Will always be a farmgirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2007 :  11:03:34 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I hatea it with a passion but simplifying my life and the stuff in has helped tremendously. It was hard at first to downsize, but now I can actually do the things I want to and not constantly worry the house is not clean,etc... We also make Sunday our family day- nothing but fun gets done unless it is something life altering.
Go to Top of Page

lamamama
True Blue Farmgirl

255 Posts

Melanie
CA
USA
255 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2007 :  7:11:33 PM  Show Profile
Yikes, Ellen, I guess I better get cracking!
Puts a little gas in one's tank, so to speak. Oddly enough, I love to do laundry & ironing - but that is it. I hate the rest of it.... so boring. I only do it because I love a clean, orderly house. I get stir crazy when it is too messy. All in all, I'd just rather be out working in the garden. Now that is FUN!
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2007 :  3:54:11 PM  Show Profile
I don't think I enjoy the act of cleaning, but I do enjoy the feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment it brings and the feeling of peace and serenity that follows. So I guess from that aspect I do enjoy cleaning.

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Cleaning blues Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page