True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2005 :  8:50:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi all,
I'm new to this site and love every bit of it. Yes I live in WA state too, it seems there are alot of us. I'm in a very small town in wheat country--not on a farm but close enough.

My hobbies are sewing, quilting, reading, knitting and gardening--especially herb gardening. The only animals we have are dogs and cats--oh and the pigs my youngest son raises for FFA. Love those pigs when they're little and when they're in the freezer, in between I could do without.

I'm off to check out the other forums. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

Marcia

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2005 :  9:12:08 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Marcia:
Your hobbies are my hobbies and I agree about the pigs! Please tell me what little town?
Nancy (who has relatives in several little towns in wheat country)
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2005 :  9:18:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi Nancy,
I would have to admit the quilting is more of an obsession than a hobby.
Marcia in the little town of Pomeroy.

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2005 :  11:38:23 AM  Show Profile
Of course it's an obsession! I work at a quilt shop 1 day a week. To say that I don't bring home any money from this "job" is an understatement. :-)
I've sure heard of Pomeroy, but don't actually know if I've been there. My relatives live or have lived in Tekoe, St. John, Lamont, and Ritzville (not a little town). I grew up outside of Mead (just north of Spokane). Went to school at WSU and had lots of friends from right around there. I do love it!
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Nicol
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Nicol

200 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2005 :  12:25:44 PM  Show Profile
Welcome celticheart! I live in Spokane. I have heard of Pomeroy, just can't think of where it is.

Quiltedess, Ritzville isn't a little town? I always think of it that way.
Go to Top of Page

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2005 :  6:45:25 PM  Show Profile
Maybe it just seems big because it's right on the freeway and has a HOTEL or two. :-)
Nancy
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2005 :  10:11:32 AM  Show Profile
Hi Nancy and Nicol,

Nancy--I work in a quilt shop 1 day a week too! I work for fabric...lol. My REAL job is as a nurse in a Dr.'s office 3 days a week and I babysit my 2 grandkids on Fridays.

Nicol--120 miles South of Spokane. 30 miles west of Lewiston, ID. I get to Spokane fairly often. In fact I'm coming this weekend to deliver all of my DD's wedding finery. Two of my older kids live there now. They both moved from the Auburn-Enumclaw area in the last year. It's nice to have them closer but I'll miss my trips to the westside(shopping=).

Marcia

Go to Top of Page

quiltedess
True Blue Farmgirl

296 Posts

Nancy
Priest River ID
USA
296 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2005 :  9:52:51 PM  Show Profile
Well . . . if there's a quilt shop in Pomeroy . . . I'm there! Sounds like a great opportunity. AND you're a nurse, you must be very, very busy. The woman who owns the shop where I work was a nurse at Fred Hutch in Seattle for a long while.
What kind of fabrics in your quilt shop?

Nancy
Go to Top of Page

JanaM
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

Jana
Miller Bay/Indianola WA
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2005 :  09:26:12 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Marcia!

I'm also from your area - Pullman. I'm now over on the west side of the state, but miss home nearly every day! It's so beautiful over there.

Welcome to the forum! There's a bunch of great people here!

Jana
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2005 :  1:49:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jana--where's Indianola?

Nancy--Yes we have a quilt shop just outside of town heading east--Rather Be's--It's also a retreat center. Maybe we should have a farmgirl quilting retreat. She carries alot of Thimbleberries because she does the Thimbleberries Club most years. Other than that it's just your general quilt shop. I like reproductions and folk art stuff and even though I get to help buy we have to carry what sells. We also have The Buggy Barn line of fabrics and lots of their patterns.

Marcia

Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Another newbie from WA Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page