Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Knit/Crochet Dishcloth Swap-ARE WE GOOD?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Knit/Crochet Dishcloth Swap-ARE WE GOOD? Next Topic
Page: of 7

Persephone
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Katrina
Indiana
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2007 :  5:55:33 PM  Show Profile
Everything is ready to be packed up, and mailed out! Should be out by this weekend! :) Eee! My first swap! I'm so excited! :D
Go to Top of Page

shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2007 :  9:19:51 PM  Show Profile
Karin
I'll be mailing your package in the morning. Hope you like it!
-Megan
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2007 :  9:59:50 PM  Show Profile
Finally broke down and actually used my dishcloths this week - I've been trying to keep them nice but I finally gave in and used them! They are so nice to use!

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2007 :  06:13:36 AM  Show Profile
Oh Megan- I am sure I will love it! I will put yours in the post tomorrow am. Still finding things to add. ;) I love swaps! The only bad news is that my husband is putting me on a postal budget!!! Can you believe that?!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

KitchenWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Kristina
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2007 :  10:32:18 AM  Show Profile  Click to see KitchenWitch's MSN Messenger address
Catherine, you patient soul, your package is headed out to you today. =) I hope it brings as much delight to you as yours brought to me! I had SO much fun doing this. What's next?!?!

Live joyfully, deliberately, simply, abundantly.
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2007 :  1:09:32 PM  Show Profile
Mine is all ready to go as well--probably in Saturday's mail!!

kathy t

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

KitchenWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Kristina
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2007 :  3:46:26 PM  Show Profile  Click to see KitchenWitch's MSN Messenger address
By way of an update....

Your package should arrive tomorrow, Catherine. because my company gets such an enormous shipping discount, it was just as much to do next day air with UPS as it was to do U.S.P.S. Priority. That means you should expect someone in a brown uniform on your doorstep with a package tomorrow!

Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2007 :  4:23:07 PM  Show Profile
COOL!!! I am so excited...what a fantastic way to end my week!! (Welcome back Kristina, by the way. How was your trip?!)

Catherine :)

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2007 :  7:25:28 PM  Show Profile
Julie
Your swap is in today's mail.
Enjoy!

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many & Herbalist
www.herbalmomma.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2007 :  9:06:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi Knewslady,
sorry I did not respond to your 2 emails...I am up to my eyeballs in assignments at work and have not had a spare moment (working 10 & 12 hour days) to sit at my home computer.
Any how, I sent you my mailing address to your e-mail.
Well tata-4-now

>^..^<
Go to Top of Page

KitchenWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

98 Posts

Kristina
Santa Fe New Mexico
USA
98 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2007 :  10:37:28 AM  Show Profile  Click to see KitchenWitch's MSN Messenger address
My trip was absolutely amazing. I worked my little tail off for the first many days before tripping into reckless debauchery for a quick turn. Next came a life-changing snorkel event followed by yet another life-changing snorkel event. It was better than good, it was Tony the Tiger, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

How do you like the short version?

Preliminary trip follow-up is now posted:

http:\\accidentalmiracles.blogspot.com

Can't wait for you to get the package! It takes everything I have not to obsessively track it through UPS' website! Thank goodness I don't have the tracking number!!

Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2007 :  1:19:45 PM  Show Profile
Nicie - I sent your package last night, by regular post office mail. Hope it arrives soon!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

Nicie
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Denise
Lincoln NE
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2007 :  1:42:43 PM  Show Profile
Brightmeadow I'll put yours in the mail in the morning. I had to wait for payday.

Denise
Go to Top of Page

Persephone
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Katrina
Indiana
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2007 :  2:56:08 PM  Show Profile
Mine went out this afternoon! :)
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2007 :  2:58:28 PM  Show Profile
Kristina!

The package came this morning on my way out the door and I just tore into it when we got home (sorry! I should have emailed right away that it got here, I was so surprised that it was delivered at 10am! I was literally on my way out the door and almost knocked the guy in the brown suit over!). Wow! You totally spoiled me!! Thank you so much for the treasures. I can't wait to wear the handknit hat tonight!

Farmgirls, my package:

Okay, let's see if I can get all of this: three AMAZING handknit organic cotton dishcloths, Noro AND Koigu yarn for more projects (!), a hand-decoupaged Easter egg done by Kristina, a handknit hat done by Kristina, an adorable cloth photo frame with butterflies and a little butterfly to go with it, some awesome desert sage lotion, a vegan cupcakes cookbook, an adorable pink faux leather journal, a set of beeswax candles, a chocolate bar with chilis in it (she's from New Mexico!), and a jar of homemade jam. WOW!!!

Would you just look at that Koigu? Oh. So. Pretty. It's enough to make me drop my current knitting and cast-on!

And that AWESOME hat that she knit for me! I'm totally wearing it out tonight.

(Out? Me? What? Yes Farmgirls, that's right. Jackson's going to the babysitter's and we're going OUT! Guinness, here I come!!!)

Kristina, seriously - you're amazing! I can't believe how awesome this package is. Thank you so much for the new treasures. Talk about a fun way to start off the weekend!!!

I read your blog post about your trip too, sounds incredible. You are TRULY amazing to tackle your fears by literally diving right in. I had shivers just reading it! (I'm a land-lover...)

Thanks, thanks, my Farmgirl Friend! You went above and beyond!!!

Catherine :)

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Daisy
Thistle Sprig Farm NW Indiana
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2007 :  6:35:56 PM  Show Profile
Aunt Jenny, I was just checking to see if you got your package. I mailed it last Thursday, March 8th. I mailed it parcel post so I knew it wouldn't arrive quick but I would have thought it would have been there by now. Just checking! Daisy
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2007 :  9:56:32 PM  Show Profile
No, not yet...maybe tomorrow..how fun..something to look for!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2007 :  5:47:58 PM  Show Profile
Hey Daisy!! My wonderful package came today!! Thanks SO much!! I love the dishcloths (the green one is especially perfect..my favorite color!!!) and gosh I feel so spoiled..the notepad and cute pen, the fabulous cookbook her family had published!!! the adorable lazerprinter stationary paper decorated with baskets and other country things, the linen spray...smells heavenly!! I just love it all..you really went overboard..thanks so much!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

Edited by - Aunt Jenny on Mar 19 2007 9:02:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2007 :  6:04:29 PM  Show Profile
I got a WONDERFUL package from herbalmomma today! There were two beautiful dishcloths that she knitted, awonderful selection of seeds, some cuttings from some of her wonderful herb plants, a bar of handmade soap and some hand salve that she make too. hThere was also a delicious spearmint and lavender tea that I enjoyed while I took my bath tonight. I will be posting pictures on my blog shortly!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2007 :  6:33:24 PM  Show Profile
My lovely, full package arrived today from Meg! Wow! There were 2 very pretty (and very well knit) dishcloths, a basil candle that smells heavenly, hot cocoa, yummy homemade bath salts, an adorable little chickie with egg soaps in a little pot, a lovely notebook for my purse (how did you know I needed one?) and my absolute favorite Body Shop grapeseed body butter. Meg, have you been in my bathroom? I love that stuff!!
What a treat! It was like Christmas at my house. :) I cannot wait for you to get yours. It's on the way.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2007 :  6:53:13 PM  Show Profile
Oh goodie Karin! I'm so glad that you liked everything. That is so funny that you already use the grapeseed Body shop stuff. Somewhere in there are two little stitch markers, hopefully they didn't fall off the bath salt ribbon, but just in case I wanted to mention them so you can check the box. Can't wait to get your package! Enjoy!
-Megan
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2007 :  7:57:23 PM  Show Profile
Yes! I found them! YAY- how cute are they? Also, I forgot to mention the very pretty sweater that will be made into a purse. (It had already been tossed into the wash to be shrunk when I first posted.) Thanks,Megan!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Nicie
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Denise
Lincoln NE
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2007 :  12:26:04 PM  Show Profile
Brightmeadow I received your package today. Yours is on it's way.

Brightmeadow sent me 3 dishclothes. Some Watkins samples, and some homemade soaps. I've never used homemade soap before, I'm anxious to try it.

Thanks again.

Denise
Go to Top of Page

shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2007 :  2:28:46 PM  Show Profile
I got my package today from Karin (mumof3) and I love it. Three dishcloths, I love the colors. Two skeins of fun, springy yarn, a beautiful daisy print apron that I am assuming you made, some rosewood knitting needles, pretty flower buttons, some beads that I think I will use to make more stitch markers, and some scrapbooking stuff-beautiful butterfly stickers and some quotes. I absolutely love it. Thank you so much Karin. I can't wait to dive in and use it all!

-Megan
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2007 :  2:47:53 PM  Show Profile
You are so welcome, Megan! I'm so glad you like everything. I did make the apron! Hopes it keeps little messes away! I had a lot of fun picking things out for you. I love swaps. :)

Karin
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Knit/Crochet Dishcloth Swap-ARE WE GOOD? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page