westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2007 :  07:45:03 AM  Show Profile
I just sent in my money for a Garden Design course from a school in London, England called The English Gardening School. It's at the Chelsea Physic Garden. It is so beautiul I wish I could be there but online is the next best thing. I'll have 7 projects & it's not that expensive at all. I wanted to take a course in garden design to broaded my horizons & to learn. I am very exceited about this. When I open my Tea & Garden Shop (yes, another dream bit the dust, husband worried about health & money w/ B&B) I'll have this also, knowledge is powerful. Just to update, husband has health issues as alot of you know & he gets VERY nervous about big business ventures like a farm & B&B. Those were my biggest dreams since childhood BUT dreams sometimes change & to be very honest a Tea & Garden Shop is something I can do on my own if I have too & THATS what he worries about. Its a very good idea & those are my 2 favorite passions now. The garden design can only help so please be happy for me. Things change & my husbands health is more important & I don't want him worring. I can do that on my own if need be & we have the money now to start it. So now we can buy a small home & have a small business. The business name is still going to be "Wildfleur Cottage" and we'll have a web-site also. Be happy for me girls, I am.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2007 :  08:56:59 AM  Show Profile
Michele, too cool for school! Oh wait, you ARE going to school, hee hee! This sounds wonderful and having such a prestigious credential under your belt could open up other avenues like specialty garden designs you prepare for others! I see loads of possibilities in your tea and garden shop......tea parties for girls, teddy bears invited as well, dressed appropriately of course! You can make tea blends and herb/spice blends in pretty jars with your logo. One of the gardens could be a butterfly garden, outlined with bricks in the shape of a butterfly and crammed with the flowers they love. When you begin finding their chrysalises (think that is the correct stage) on the stems of the host plant, you could advertise a special butterfly adoption party. Every participant gets their own little hatchery complete with soon-to-be butterfly to take home afterwards. Cookies in the shape of butterflies, snowflakes in the shape of butterflies dangling from tree limbs.... I could go on... Anyway as they say here in France "BON CHANCE!!!" which is "good luck"! Nance
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2007 :  09:35:47 AM  Show Profile
Neat! Do you have the contact info for the class? I might be interested.

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2007 :  10:10:08 AM  Show Profile
Michele -

That is wonderful, a tea and garden shop, sounds perfect. You'll have to keep us updated on the landscape design classes, those sound interesting. I keep meaning to get my act together and sign up for the master gardener classes offered through the state, but they keep postponing the program and then offering it, then postponing it. Has to do with funding.

Maybe I will look into the landscape classes instead.

Such great news for you!

Anne in Portland

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2007 :  3:41:41 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, I think this is the only place in the world where I can be so upfront & confide all the life changes I go through WITHOUT being judged. I try to fit my life's dreams into my family life & yes, they change often especially w/ a health problem but I never lose myself, I just switch my pasions around. You girls seem to understand that more then most family members. Thanks for that.ANYWAY, the web-site which will give all the info on the school is www.englishgardeningschool.co.uk it will have all the info for the short & distance courses.

Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2007 :  3:47:44 PM  Show Profile
I forgot, they will send you a brochure, this design course is $395.00 plus postage and they give you alot of time to finish. Most people finish between 6 to 18 months & all they ask is that you finish within 3 years.

Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2007 :  7:36:29 PM  Show Profile
congratulations Michele!
very happy for you.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2007 :  12:26:12 PM  Show Profile
CORRECTION on design course, its $734.00 in american money.

Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic Garden Design Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page