Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  11:37:55 AM  Show Profile
I made chicken soup yesterday, chocolate chip cookies today and now the speghetti sauce is started! Almost done cutting my log cabin strips!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  11:40:23 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo -- I'll trade some beef enchiladas for some oatmeal cookies! katie
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  11:45:56 AM  Show Profile
OK, Katie, but you will have to come to my house, I'am not going out in this weather, I'll give you an extra cookie.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  7:13:04 PM  Show Profile
Tonight it's 18, the windchill is 8. The windchill is supposed to get to -9 tonight. Tomorrow evening it's supposed to start snowing, and we may get a few inches. I love rough weather because it keeps my husband at home :)
Cristine :)
Go to Top of Page

Destiny~
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Dar
west TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2007 :  06:00:49 AM  Show Profile
Kelly, I'm in the same boat you are. I much prefer the cold to the heat and I hate A/C.

I've been watching the weather in the Rochester area and I feel for all of you in that part of the country. My parents live near Brockport but are in Florida for the winter so I don't have to worry about them. It's going to be 70' here today. People here think I'm crazy when I try to explain to them about how cold it is up there right now. They laugh when I tell them about how it feels when your nose hairs freeze.

Stay warm ladies.

"Let us, together, sow seeds for a better harvest-a harvest for hope."
Jane Goodall, Harvest for Hope
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2007 :  06:25:22 AM  Show Profile
Hi, I haven't been paying attention to this thread but after 2 days of single digit temps and wind chill below zero here in Rochester, I suddenly noticed it!
You're going to think I'm crazy but my friends and I went xcountry skiing on Sunday. We were sweating within 15 minutes, it's such good exercise. But as soon as we would stop, our fingers and toes would start to go numb again. It's scary cold out there!
Go to Top of Page

ali2583
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Alison
Winnipeg Manitoba
Canada
404 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2007 :  06:37:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I'm so glad someone has a thread going about the frigid temps! I'm not sure what this works out to in fahrenheit, but it was -30 celsius here this morning, with a windchill making it -41! Exposed skin freezes in less than 10 minutes right now, so everyone is doing their best to stay inside. Yesterday, we hunkered down and made a big pot of chili. I've also been going out every 3 hours and I let my car run, just to keep the engine a little bit warm. Brrr!

"God's gift to you is life. What you choose to do with that life is your gift to God"
Go to Top of Page

FarmGirl~K
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Kelly
TX
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2007 :  10:44:44 AM  Show Profile
Dar... LOL! We always are telling our kids they haven't felt cold until the insides of their noses freeze! They were young when we moved here & have gotten used to the TX weather, but they like the cold better too. Hard to explain too how it would be pretty & sunny out, but when you walked out your nose froze right away. Made it burn! Supposed to be 68 here today... sorry for you cold weather folks! It is going to get cold again though. Wish it would stay cold long enough to get rid of some of these bugs!

"Work as if you were to live a hundred years, pray as if you were to die tomorrow." ~Benjamin Franklin~

http://wandascountryhome.com/forsale/index.html
Go to Top of Page

Destiny~
True Blue Farmgirl

195 Posts

Dar
west TX
USA
195 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2007 :  05:18:23 AM  Show Profile
It was 82' here yesterday. Just freaky to think that the week before last we had an ice storm and snow.
No wonder everyone's getting sick.

Today it's 37'. Today I'm dressed for yesterday's weather and yesterday I was dressed for today's weather. Argh!

"Let us, together, sow seeds for a better harvest-a harvest for hope."
Jane Goodall, Harvest for Hope

Edited by - Destiny~ on Feb 08 2007 10:15:49 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Weather Report: Previous Topic Baby, It's COLD outside Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page