Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  03:07:31 AM  Show Profile
Brrrrr. The high today is 16 with a windchill of -20! We got about another 4 to 6 inches of snow last night, so we are up to about a foot!

I am dreaming of spring flowers!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  04:28:16 AM  Show Profile
It's 16 here too! I wish we had the snow though!My horses need extra food this morning...and the birds too.
Cristine
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  06:45:35 AM  Show Profile
OH BONNIE,BRRRR. NOW HERE IT IS WARMING UP, FINALLY. SUNSHINE AND HIGH 4O'S. Our spring flowers are coming up. Weird weather this year. Keep warm. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

PocketFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

119 Posts

Sarah
Utica New York
119 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  08:18:11 AM  Show Profile
It was 8 below this morning here! Nice to see snow, though. Southern Ohio's just been grey and icy the last few years, so NY is a nice change that way.
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  08:20:58 AM  Show Profile
we're having a heat wave! It's suppose to be 30 here today!!

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose

Blogs: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
http://frugalwitch.wordpress.com
http://tasharose365.wordpress.com/
Homepage: http://mysticwoodsfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  08:57:20 AM  Show Profile
Its about 8 here now, I was just up in the attic to get something, its about 9 up there. Two of the Grands have a half day of school today, so have to go pick them up. WANT TO STAY IN THE HOUSE!! But you know, a woman's work is never done, even after the children are grown and have homes of there own.So out in the cold I go. But alas!! only a few months of cold to go.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Woodswoman
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Jennifer
Altamont NY
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  4:16:31 PM  Show Profile
Believe it or not, I'm a little jealous! We have the cold here, but still no real snow-just a trace on the ground. I guess if it's that cold, I'd like to see some snow, and do some snowshoeing and cross-country skiing. Oh well, the skating pond will probably be frozen soon!
Jennifer
Go to Top of Page

rosebud74a
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

Stacy
Maryland NY
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  4:33:09 PM  Show Profile  Send rosebud74a an AOL message
very frigid here as well this am it was -4 on my way to work......my dog is so funny when the weather gets this cold. She becomes "paralyzed" even after being out side just long enough to do her business. My husband had to pick her up tonight as she couldn't make it back into the house hopping on a front leg and a back leg. She would never survive in the if left out for very long. I think I am going to knit her a sweater and some booties !!! She has cabin fever so bad, I know that she is dreaming of spring, and chasing bugs!

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Eleanor Roosevelt, 'This Is My Story,' 1937

Go to Top of Page

FarmGirl~K
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Kelly
TX
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  6:14:44 PM  Show Profile
Ooh I would love to see that kind of cold again! Kinda funny how we seem to like what we don't have. It was actually 63 here today. My hyacinths have already poked through the ground. While that may sound nice when it's cold... it's a tell tale sign that summer heat is not too far away for us. We get a very short window of fall & spring. In our summers, they count how many days in a row are over 100. I don't mind it warm, but when it gets over 90 phew, I just can't stand to be outside. It probably doesn't help that everything here has a/c. I can't get acclimated to the heat. It has gotten easier over the years though. Just must be my NY blood. Still loves the cold. A lot of the people here are just the opposite though, if it gets below 70 they are cold. I always say I'd rather be cold than hot. I can add more clothes, but you can only take so many off.

"Work as if you were to live a hundred years, pray as if you were to die tomorrow." ~Benjamin Franklin~
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2007 :  04:04:28 AM  Show Profile
I may have asked you this before, but where in NY are you from, Kelly?

We're gonna have a heat wave today...in the 30's!

Aw Stacy, your poor pup! My dog is totally into the cold. It could be 70 degrees out and she'll go out, do her business, then head right back inside, snow and cold and she wants to stay out! Not ME!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47

Edited by - Beemoosie on Jan 27 2007 04:08:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

FarmGirl~K
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Kelly
TX
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2007 :  12:52:42 PM  Show Profile
Bonnie...right outside of Buffalo in a town called Amherst. I also lived in other towns, but that is the one we left.

"Work as if you were to live a hundred years, pray as if you were to die tomorrow." ~Benjamin Franklin~

http://wandascountryhome.com/forsale/index.html
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2007 :  2:20:11 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, I know it, about 45 minutes west of where I'm at!

Go to Top of Page

FarmGirl~K
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Kelly
TX
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2007 :  4:59:42 PM  Show Profile
Pretty cool! We used to practically be neighbors. You are closer to Rochester right? We weren't very far from Niagara Falls. @ a 20 minute drive. A lot of mine & my DH family live there still. We try to come up once a year, but didnt make it in 2006. Hopefully this year. My aunt & uncle own a kennel & game farm there. We loved to go out there. Also every year we would go to a place called Becker Farms & pick apples. Have ever heard of it? Here is the website if you would like to visit it.

http://www.beckerfarms.com/

http://wandascountryhome.com/forsale/index.html
Go to Top of Page

Persephone
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Katrina
Indiana
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2007 :  11:17:05 AM  Show Profile
I'll add my 2 cents to the COLD list! High of 19 here! Brr! (And today, we have the heat off, and are only heating with the fireplace- it's so nice) (We live in an apt.)
Go to Top of Page

sugarsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

272 Posts

Leah
Woodward Iowa
USA
272 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2007 :  9:09:40 PM  Show Profile  Send sugarsfarm an AOL message
its going to be 1 here tomorrow!!! and tonight -14 and tomorrow night even colder! YIKES. its just so bitter to be outside and the with the wind its just unbearable! stay warm gals!!

You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

vintagechica
True Blue Farmgirl

438 Posts

Eren
Poolville TX
USA
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2007 :  9:37:52 PM  Show Profile
I cant seem to keep warm here...when I went out to run a few errands it was 1 degree here with windchills up to -20....brrrrr!!! Its winter in Wisconsin.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A sure way to avoid housework...live outdoors.

www.vintagechica.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

MustangSuzie
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Sarah
New London Missouri
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2007 :  12:00:13 AM  Show Profile  Send MustangSuzie a Yahoo! Message
It is a big -1 here right now at 2am and only a 3mph wind. It's nice to have a break from the wind. I can't wait till it gets warmer!!!!!

Blessings....
Sarah

Something I borrowed...
"In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations." -From The Great Law Of The Iroquois Confederacy.

Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2007 :  07:48:02 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello Farmgirls it's a minus 9 with clear sunny sky here in good old Wisconsin. Time to light a fire, bake some bread and meatloaf with mashed potatoes & gravy for dinner. Hard to belive I was planting flower bulbs a month ago in sweat pants and a T-shirt. Only six more weeks till spring!!! Stay warm.

3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

Patsy
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Illinois
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2007 :  07:58:11 AM  Show Profile
It is cold here too. I had to let my water run a bit to keep it from freezing. Okay, winter was nice but spring would be welcome. I can't get warm and it is supposed to be freezing all week with windchills at -20 or so. Enough already.

Blessed are those who love the soil,

Patsy

Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2007 :  08:28:16 AM  Show Profile
Oh boy, I seem to be in the heat wave of 9 degrees this morning!

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  06:06:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
BRRR! It's only 7 degress here in Louisville, KY this morning. This is the coldest we've had in several years.

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  06:23:27 AM  Show Profile
No School!!! Yippee! We are at 3 degrees with a windchill of -20! Not much better yesterday, not looking better for tomorrow! I haven't been outside since Saturday! Too cold for my bones!

Go to Top of Page

simpler1773
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Ricki
Ashland Wisconsin
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  06:26:18 AM  Show Profile  Send simpler1773 a Yahoo! Message
-17 here today with windchill of -30. School closed. Brrrr!

~Ricki~
You can't pour anything out of an empty vessel, take care of yourself!
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  10:38:36 AM  Show Profile
To everyone out there in the bitter cold regions. STAY SNUGGY! STAY HOME! STAY WARM. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  10:56:27 AM  Show Profile
Oh, it's sooo cooold! In the last two days I've made applesauce muffins, 7-grain bread, chicken, beef enchiladas, and a pot of spicy black beans -- and this is just for two of us! -- to keep the oven going in the kitchen. And I'm doing laundry like a fiend, just to run the dryer and get some heat in the back room. So far we're still heating just with the woodstove, in spite of -8 degrees and windy wind. We're warm inside here, and well fed!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2007 :  11:15:07 AM  Show Profile
YEA BONNIE, NO SCHOOL. I made three dozen oatmeal cookies, eat three, feeling a little woozy now. Been staying pretty close to the fireplace. The wind just doesn't want to calm down, it really is cold.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Weather Report: Previous Topic Baby, It's COLD outside Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page