Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  08:35:11 AM  Show Profile
...the outdoor, or more precisely, the "wall-tent" lifestyle. I SO want a couple of these on my property - maybe for a B&B, maybe not - but I would love to read more about living in the outdoors that way; technical stuff like how to build a working outhouse and all all the way down to fun ways to decorate. In the summer, I'd really like to "move" outside with my boys a whole lot more. It's a wonderful world we live in!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  09:58:16 AM  Show Profile
Great idea! I was just rereading the section on wall tents in "The Book" last night! Wishful thinking for the summertime! I too would be interested in building one of these. I would be interested in security for these. It is a wonderful world but some not so wonderful people tend to pass through my woods - especially in hunting season. So how can I keep my wall tent secure from unwanted visitors?

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

lamamama
True Blue Farmgirl

255 Posts

Melanie
CA
USA
255 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  10:37:02 AM  Show Profile
Well.....I have mentioned this before, but I would like to see a section on stargazing!
I think it would be inspiring, educational, a great family activity, & get us all outside!
Some of us have posted on this topic in The Garden Gate section, but our own little title section would be fun.

Melanie
Go to Top of Page

jo Thompson
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jo
the mountainside of the Chugach in Alaska
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  11:36:33 AM  Show Profile
Libbie, I really enjoy that area more, I think it encompasses a more healthy lifestyle. We are planning a wall tent in our moose meadow, well off to the side, because we prefer not to disturb the moose passing through...... We'll put it on a platform. It's really a peaceful place, I get sucked in to being inside too much. I'm going to figure out the salmon thing for you, it will probably be a few months. I'll be in Sitka with my husband the first of June and probably will be able to ship it direct to you from there. We have a friend who often gets us the highest quality imagineable from there. I'm getting a used greenhouse, trying to not "clutter" our property too much as I prefer it natural and untrodden, it keeps the wildlife nearby. Take care, Libbie, nice that you brought that up. Jo

"life is drab without a lab"
http://homepage.mac.com/thomja/Anchorage/PhotoAlbum15.html
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2007 :  5:37:08 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Jo! It sounds like your moose meadow is absolutely wonderful. How amazing to have wild animals wandering so close to your home. We have plenty of skunks and the like, but nothing wild of the larger variety. I would love to have some wild untouched property sometime - just to keep it that way. My farm right now is all farmland, and I love that, too, but it is not the same wild and free and untouched feeling of wilderness. And...just let me know what you need about the salmon - my mouth is watering already!!

I really think that stargazing would go wonderfully in a section like this, too. I love doing that, too!

Security for wall tents...hmmmm...I'm not sure about that one, but it IS a good point for those who would be having them in more remote areas. There is so much to learn!!!

Love!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
  Book Ideas: Previous Topic I'd love to see a section on... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page