Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Books
 Book Ideas
 What about a "Taking the Reins...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Book Ideas: Previous Topic What about a "Taking the Reins... Next Topic  

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  7:16:17 PM  Show Profile
A Farmgirl's Guide to Making it On Her Own,"-type book chapter? I know that farmgirl business ideas have been discussed as a book idea - but what about a section on rural entrepreneurship for women? What can we do to "take back the farm," and make ourselves more self-sufficient while remaining connected to our rural roots?

This is something that is so very close to home for me, and I am so interested in everyone's ideas...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  7:19:44 PM  Show Profile
I LOVE this idea too!! Good idea Libbie!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Anastasia
True Blue Farmgirl

56 Posts

Anastasia
Telkwa BC
Canada
56 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  09:49:50 AM  Show Profile
I would LOVE something like this! I'm always mucking about, trying to figure out ways to make this farm life work, to be self-sufficient without 'losing the farm.'

Cheers,
Anastasia :)

"Speciality is for insects." -Robert Heinlen
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  08:17:05 AM  Show Profile
I was just thinking more and more about "taking the reins" and entrepreneurship, and I wanted to say how cool I think it is that as a community of farmgirls, we support each other in making it happen! I have such faith that there is a place and a niche for each and every one of us who is willing to do the work it takes to stay "on the farm" - or at home, or wherever we want to be! - and make a GOOD life for ourselves and our loved ones. You all are so very inspiring and encouraging -- thank you!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  1:28:23 PM  Show Profile
I think that is a great concept, Libbie. Would "making it on her own" be interpreted to apply to single women only? I think the idea could apply to any farmgirl wishing to establish herself in the business world in some fashion. Single women would face different challenges than those with family support. Married women would face the challenges of blending (or not) business and family. This book or chapter or forum could address both sides of the story, and we learn so much from one another. More than any college lecture or class, we provide each other with real world experience, honest feedback, and most importantly, a pat on the back or a shoulder to lean on when needed.

Keep us posted - I'm sure we all have stories to tell!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  2:34:12 PM  Show Profile
I think it would HAVE to apply to any farmgirl (as I'm not one of the single ones) - and I LOVE the idea of addressing the individual challenges faced by those farmgirls flying solo AND those with a family to consider. Great ideas!!!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page
  Book Ideas: Previous Topic What about a "Taking the Reins... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page