Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 HomeSafeHome
 DANGER! STARCHED FLOORS AHEAD!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic DANGER! STARCHED FLOORS AHEAD!! Next Topic  

Lucy
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Lucy
Des Moines Iowa
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  9:35:33 PM  Show Profile
I am just new, so perhaps this is in the wrong spot, but a few of you will read it anyway. I used to supervise a whole health care crew for an elderly lady who could afford us, and she was very sweet. She liked some of her things ironed, which was done by the first shift gals. A couple of times when I came to work and stepped into the kitchen I nearly hit the deck, involuntarily! I eventually figured it out, that it was on the days she had been ironing! The overspray off the ironing board was - yup - you guessed it, on the floor! Could have been disasterous! So for those of you who iron, using starch, beware! I eased the situation by putting up a colorful sign that read as the above subject line, and by mopping up the floor, of course!

May the good Lord take a likin' to ya!

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  9:42:52 PM  Show Profile
LOL......great story and thanks for the starch tip. You might want to pop in to the Welcome Wagon to say Hello too! Welcome to Mary Jane's! It is a wonderful place. I know you will make wonderful friends here.
G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
Thanks for checking out my apron and sewing musings!
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  03:17:31 AM  Show Profile
Great story and tip! Welcome, Lucy, to a terrific bunch of gals. Have a great day, Nance.
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  05:31:52 AM  Show Profile
This is so pertinent -- I'm starching away as I try to wash and iron every fabric in my stash pile. . . . Will keep a watch for wayward spray!!

Welcome, Lucy -- you've got one of my favorite names (I had an Aunt Lucy who was a dear soul).
Can't wait to learn more about you!! Do introduce yourself.
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  06:23:39 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the heads up on starched floors!! That is something that you don't even think about when you are happily ironing away. I usually have animals right underneath me when I iron (I don't know why!) so I try to be careful with the overspray. Welcome to the forum by the way. Glad you found us!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  06:57:58 AM  Show Profile
I never thought of that either!!! Welcome to the group Lucy!! It will be fun to hear more from you here!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  08:32:24 AM  Show Profile
OOOOooooo - yikes! I iron and starch on the carpet, and I'll bet that overspray doesn't help the dirt problem there, either. Thanks for the heads-up, and I'm glad that neither you or your friend took a fall!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

lamamama
True Blue Farmgirl

255 Posts

Melanie
CA
USA
255 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  10:41:38 AM  Show Profile
Hello, Lucy!
I LOL @ your story - thanks for sharing it. Welcome to our virtual Farmgirl front porch ..........And I agree with Gerogann - post a note for all the Farmgirls @ the Welcome Wagon section, & tell us a little bit about yourself. How did you find us?
Melanie
Go to Top of Page

Lucy
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Lucy
Des Moines Iowa
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2007 :  10:37:32 PM  Show Profile
Alright, all you gals (guys, too, if you're 'listen' in! ) Wow! What a response to the DANGER, STARCHED FLOORS AHEAD! I'm sitting here grinning from ear to ear! I'm going to switch over to Welcome Wagon or whatever that was where someone told me to go, and see if I can figure out how to send a message on there. Then you folks can figure out whether or not you think you know me by my descript! Enjoy!

May the good Lord take a likin' to ya!
Go to Top of Page
  HomeSafeHome: Previous Topic DANGER! STARCHED FLOORS AHEAD!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page