Author Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Community Next Topic  

gardengirl
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Stone Ridge NY
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  7:32:05 PM  Show Profile
I recently came across a topic "Best Community in America" We are a global group .... I ask you, what makes community .. Common threads that weave us together ... What does community mean to you? Looking forward to hearing from you! ...Very Best Wishes , Nicci (And Sow ON, chapter )

Together we make a difference!

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  12:17:20 PM  Show Profile
That is such a good and interesting thing to think about, Nicci - I think, to me, that a community can be so many things - defined by a geographical area - think "neighborhood" - or, like this 'Connection - defined by a willingness to see the "sameness" in each other and to explore the "differentness" with understanding and compassion - I'm sure there are so many other things that will come to mind about this... I look forward to hearing others' ideas, too!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Choctaw Mama
Farmgirl in Training

23 Posts

Barbara
AZ
23 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2007 :  11:05:56 AM  Show Profile
My thought on the subject is that wherever like minded people work together towards a common goal (whether it be fun, hobbies, charities, etc,) then they are a community, (in my mind). So by that definiton we are a global community of the best kind, because we incorporate everything positive in our lives and share with anyone of us who will listen.

Don't forget to breathe!
Go to Top of Page

gardengirl
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Stone Ridge NY
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2007 :  11:33:58 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for that post Chotaw MaMa you are so clear! Our Chapter will be holding a Communitea ...topic of Community ... all posts are so helpful to me ... Common Unity ... once again ...Thank You ...many blessings Nicci

Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  7:42:06 PM  Show Profile
How fun! A "Communi-tea!" I love it!!! Be sure to let us know how it goes - what a wonderful idea!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

Naturecraft
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Cheryl
Loveland CO
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2007 :  06:58:25 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by gardengirl

Thank you so much for that post Chotaw MaMa you are so clear! Our Chapter will be holding a Communitea ...topic of Community ... all posts are so helpful to me ... Common Unity ... once again ...Thank You ...many blessings Nicci

gardengirl,
I love your Communitea idea. I would love to get something together like that in my area. I am started a chapter in N. Colorado, but so far I am the only member because I am not sure how to get other gals together. I have just started a topic on this to get some ideas. Could you tell me how you are setting up the Communitea? Such a great idea!
Thanks,
Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

gardengirl
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Stone Ridge NY
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2007 :  11:01:07 AM  Show Profile
Cherly and all Thank You for keeping the line going ... How to host a tea ... I have two young children so for me it is all about keeping it simple .... I usually provide the tea and a pie ... you can ask people to bring a treat to share savory or sweet...I did not worry about if they wanted to be Farm Girls ... I spoke about why and what I was doing at the tea ... It's all about the gathering of people and creating a space .... Cherly you can do it ...call a couple of friends and boil some water ...put out some cups ...tea( mint , black ,your favorite) honey ,milk..plates and napkins, make or pick up cookies or a pie .... I have arranged huge events and small gatherings and I have learned that simple truely is often better ... creating a space where people can share ......Let your friends know you want to focuse the conversation on a topic ....ie community....let the rest unfold..... creating a space for people to be heard is the greatest gift and very tasty.... very best wishes ...feel free to email if I can offer more support ...and I am looking forward to hearing about your tea! Blessings Nicci

Go to Top of Page
  Farmgirl Chapter Chatter: Previous Topic Community Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page