Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Silk Ribbon Embroidery
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Silk Ribbon Embroidery Next Topic  

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2007 :  4:40:32 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone know anything about ribbon embroidery? I have a cute project to do and I seem to be all thumbs. I did go online and got some good hints but.....they say it is so easy a child can do it. welll...I'm not a child so I guess I will just stamp my feet. I guess what is not too easy is threading the needle and pushing all the ribbon throught the material and ribbon which pretty much sums up embroidery, huh? I know I will figure it out. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2007 :  4:44:50 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
candismom and I and a few other people belong to an internet embroidery group. here is the link to the group it is easy to join. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hand-embroidery/

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
my web stores www.sunshines.etsy.com and http://vintagethreads.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2007 :  4:49:23 PM  Show Profile
Mary BETH,
I LEFT YOU A RESPONSE YESTERDAY UNDER THE LAMPSHADE POST.JUST CLICK ON THE CRAFTING ROOM . HEY LOOK ALL CAPS.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2007 :  5:20:09 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, Nancy you just said you hadn't and that I wasn't lumpy but I hide it well. Was there more?? I am helpless. MB

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Norma
Farmgirl in Training

45 Posts

Norma
Texarkana AR
USA
45 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2007 :  1:50:51 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Norma's MSN Messenger address
Mary Beth,
I have a great silk ribbon embroidery instructional videotape if you'd like to borrow it. I've watched it more than once, and if you're a hand-stitching person, it's wonderful. I seem to not be gifted in this area! If it can't be done by machine, I'm usually out of luck! Anyhoo, if you'd like to borrow it, just send me your address & I'll get it in the mail to you, OK?

Farmgirl hugs,
Norma
Go to Top of Page

faithymom
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Faith
Sandpoint ID
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2007 :  1:57:08 PM  Show Profile
Norma, I have a book recommendation for you.
I found mine at a thrift shop, here's the title...sounds like it'd be right up your alley:
Silk Ribbon Machine Embroidery by Nancy Bednar
Check on amazon.com I saw quite a few listed for cheap

Faith

"All television is educational television. The only question is, what is it teaching?"-Fmr. FCC Commissioner Nicholas Johnson
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2007 :  4:15:12 PM  Show Profile
thank you all. Faith it is not machine embroidery but hand. Norma I will e-mail you. MB
NANCY JO THANKS TO YOU TOO.

Go to Top of Page

faithymom
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Faith
Sandpoint ID
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2007 :  5:12:10 PM  Show Profile
I know, but this book shows you how to do silk ribbon embroidery WITH your machine instead of by hand.
It's great for those of us with little dexterity or patience for the hand-work.

"All television is educational television. The only question is, what is it teaching?"-Fmr. FCC Commissioner Nicholas Johnson
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2007 :  6:26:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh, OK. Thanks again. MB

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Silk Ribbon Embroidery Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page