Page: of 2

Jaime
Farmgirl in Training

20 Posts

Indiana
USA
20 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2007 :  09:00:28 AM  Show Profile
I too am looking for a new vacuum. I am a faithful reader of Consumer Reports and their top rated/best value vacuum is a Kenmore mode1 l35922. I read the reviews on sears.com and think that may be the way I'm going to go. I thought about Dyson too, but the Kenmore is under $300 so I think that's the way I'm going to go.
Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2007 :  09:44:24 AM  Show Profile
hey Jaime! You spell your name just as I do! How cool is that?! I seer you are new, so welcome!

Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away.
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2007 :  4:23:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jaime,

I read about the Kenmore model in Consumer Reports too! I have an old Hoover but it hardly picks up the dog hair!!! Driving me crazy. I'm saving up for the Kenmore.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2007 :  08:11:26 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ByHzGrace

As to longevity, is it because so many now keep pets inside versus years ago when our pets lived outside in doghouses sorta like the difference in hours spent inside by todays children?

I have also wondered how many of the bagless owners replace their filters ... that now do double the work from days of old

To the first question: wow, now there's a thought. That could well account for the extra work our vacuums have to go. We have three indoor cats at home. And in my design studio in town, I have another two. All of them are medium-hairs -- seems like MAXIMUM hair to me! :-)

To the second question, a follow-up: There's a FILTER? *sigh* Okay. I'll see if I can find it.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Vacuums! ARGHHHHHHH! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page