Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Fanciest Apron Day Next Topic  

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2007 :  03:43:02 AM  Show Profile
I noticed on my FarmGirl Calendar that today is "Wear your fanciest apron day."
Grab yours, put it on and then tell us about your fanciest apron. Mine is quite funny. It is gold lamay...how do you spell that? You know, the shiny gold fabric from the 70's and 80's? It was a gift to me back then. A serious gift, I should add. Now I love it's tackiness. Disco glamour in the kitchen! What about yours? I bet you guys have some beautifully fancy aprons!

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time."
James Taylor

www.ragstoroses.blogspot.com

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2007 :  04:23:49 AM  Show Profile

I shall wear the apron I made for Farm Fair last year. It is white background with red and yellow cowboy boots and cowboy hats and red piping. Not too fancy but OK. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2007 :  05:55:25 AM  Show Profile
My mom gave me one of hers at Christmas time this year...she was never an apron wearer, but had this white see-through lacy thing. I kinda wondered about it? Is it still politically correct to be "kinky in the kitchen"?
I'll have to take a picture b/c this apron really isn't as bad as I made it sound!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2007 :  06:32:31 AM  Show Profile
I guess mine is a Mary Englebreit print with lots of ruffles. It is done in blacks and green checked. Really cute...it is my daughters, but I can wear it! I made it, it is in my blog archives for 2006 on June 5th.

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
Thanks for checking out my apron musings!

Edited by - Aunt George on Jan 19 2007 06:35:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2007 :  06:58:43 AM  Show Profile
I think I may need to construct a fancy apron for the day. All of my fancy aprons are antiques and I don't want to ruin them. The rest of my aprons are either being stored in my cedar chest, hanging on the wall or are my pretty but practical aprons. OOOOOOO I have a toile that will make a really pretty apron!! I have some sewing to do today too, oh I am excited!! OH! And it's a thrifting day!!! Looking for a dresser and some shelves, and who knows what else will pass my way ;)

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
blogs: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
http://frugalwitch.wordpress.com
http://tasharose365.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2007 :  07:00:15 AM  Show Profile
Mine would be the apron I got in the Christmas exchange box this year!
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2007 :  10:18:15 AM  Show Profile
I have two, one from Tasha that I embroidered. And one victorian one fom Aunt George that I consider my fancy aprons. So they each get a half day today.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2007 :  11:08:58 AM  Show Profile
How's it going wearing your fanciest apron today? I've had my disco apron on since this morning and it's been fun. MB, your apron sounds fancy to me! Beemoosie, give us that picture. I'm sure the FarmGirls here can tell you whether it is a "real" apron or a "play" apron. :) And Aunt George, Wow. I went back through your blog and can't believe all the beautiful aprons. That lemon fairy one is one of my favorites. Nancy Jo, I saw yours from Aunt George, it is lovely. I bet the one from Tasha is as well. I am amazed at how quickly you FarmGirls can whip out an apron. My first and last took weeks to finish up. Well, here's my disco apron, made probably in a factory in China in 1982. It's blinding, but fun.
You're spared the glitz! Can't get the link. I'll try again.

James Taylor

Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2007 :  11:11:38 AM  Show Profile
Here we go:

James Taylor

Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2007 :  2:55:45 PM  Show Profile
Rebekah, by golly, it is blinding! I got so carried away wearing my apron that I made some Snickerdoodles and now SOMEONE has to eat them. Wait 'til I wipe the crumbs away. BYE MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

horse
True Blue Farmgirl

371 Posts

laura
pontotoc mississippi
USA
371 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2007 :  3:19:07 PM  Show Profile
Well... I believe ya'll have me beat when it comes to aprons. I had mine on too but you see the apron I have had on today is my farrier apron. I just don't think mine is as nice as ya'lls.
Ummm....Mary Beth is there any snickerdoodles left? I'm hungry.haha
Laura
www.2lmzfarms.blogspot.com
3 barrels, 2 hearts, 1 passion
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2007 :  9:36:50 PM  Show Profile
I love hearing about all of your fancy aprons - and the gold lame?!?!?! WOW!!!!! I have a couple of "hostess" aprons that are white and lacy that my great-aunt Edith wore - she was always SO "together" and just really, well, ritzy (my sister and I always were a little bit in awe of Aunt Edith and Uncle Homer - they never had children, and had the most elegant condominium with a gold and crystal chandelier and gold stuff everywhere...it was just so different and really exciting when we'd go and visit). Anyway, I'm wearing a tidy, lovely and stiffly starched Edith apron today and feeling like queen of my little farm...

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Fanciest Apron Day Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page