Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  1:31:12 PM  Show Profile
I have been reflecting on my life and the odd turns it has taken lately. We live in the suburb of Northwoods in the Spokane Valley. While our house is just a rancher that we bought for a steal since it was a repo, most of Northwoods is very uppercrest "suburbia". While someday my dream is to have acreage and do my antique show from my own farm, at this point it is still a dream. But we knew we needed to make some changes for our kids and switched them to Freeman, a country school about 30 minutes south of where we live now. And, with the blessings of some good friends with areage and a barn out there, we are also raising pigs, which are kids wll be competing with in 4-H. So while we do a lot of driving, it really has been a blessing. And those pigs are so fun! What a bunch of characters. In fact, we are enjoying it so much we are getting more to raise for butchering. If someone would have told me two years ago we'd be pig farmers, I would have thought they were crazy. But here we are loving it and marveling at the fun twists and turns of life. God does have a sense of humor! I bet we are the only pig farmers in Northwoods! LOL!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  5:37:40 PM  Show Profile
Oh Brenda, Do let us know when your antique show becomes reality! You aren't THAT far away! Cindy
Go to Top of Page

horse
True Blue Farmgirl

371 Posts

laura
pontotoc mississippi
USA
371 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  6:00:26 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, know what you mean. I was active in 4-H and now my kids are. We show goats and horses. We don't have any pig showeres here.
Laura
www.2lmzfarms.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  7:09:31 PM  Show Profile
That's so funny, suburban pig farmers. Isn't it fun (most of the time) to look at how our lives can change in just 1 or 2 years. Makes you wonder what the next two years will bring.
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  06:48:33 AM  Show Profile
Yes, Jan, I really am amazed at the changes. God takes us on some interesting journeys! Cindy, I will definitely keep everyone informed on the Antique Show. I am so excited about it. I am amazed at how well things are falling into place . . . and the people with the skills I need are coming to me! I haven't even sought them out. God's hand is definitely in this!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

summerbreeze
True Blue Farmgirl

277 Posts

Laura
WA
USA
277 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  09:12:52 AM  Show Profile
I am so looking forward to your Antique show!! Sounds like you made some wonderful changes for both you and your kids. I think 4-H is a great program. Life does have crazy twists and turns. I have found it is all about enjoying the ride.

Laura

You only live once,if you do it right once is enough.
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  2:50:56 PM  Show Profile
Have to share this. My car was in the shop last week and so the owner gave us one of his from his used car lot. I had to run into CVS and get shampoo and when I came out after my purchase I couldn't get the key to go into the lock of the car. I was frantic. I even called my husband and told him of my predicament. About this time a wonderful elderly lady came up to me and said that she just hates it when her key doesn't want to work in her car. I told her I was so upset because this was a loaner car. She looked at me so lovingly and said, "Honey, this is my car!" I was so astounded by my mistake that I just started giggling and she joined right in with me! That day I made a new friend named Helen...and I'm sure she'll never forget me trying to break into her car! Talk about twists and turns.............Susan
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  6:49:50 PM  Show Profile
Susan, you made my day! I was laughing outloud! I'm glad it was Helen, it might not have been so funny if it was someone else!

I did something like that once, My Mom and I were driving to Idaho after Christmas and the weather was bad so I had my husbands truck. We had stopped for lunch and when we went back to the truck I couldn't get it unlocked. I panicked because I was so far from home. When I finally gave up and started walking back to the resturant I came across my husbands truck, I'd been trying to unlock one JUST like it! I happen to glance at the resturant and the owner of the first truck was howling! It's funny now, but at the time it wasn't. Of course my Mom had to tell everyone all about it too!

Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2007 :  09:41:24 AM  Show Profile
Too funny Susan and Cindy! I think we have all had humbling experiences like that! My most humbling was when I was gong to get gas and they wanted me to pay first. Since, at the time my husband was having me keep track of our gas mileage, I didn't want to pay first. So I decided to go to another gas station. However, I knew this, I had put the pump into my car and had stood chit chatting to a woman at the next pump (I always seem to strike conversations with complete strangers! LOL!) So I was a bit distracted. So I drove off, hose and all. I had no clue, as the rubber just stretched until it snapped and my windows were shut. About a mile later, a car of teens flagged me down and pointed to my new "side ponytail"! I gasped and quickly pulled off to the nearest parking lot, only to be followed in by a sheriff with lights and sirens. He had been a the car wash at the same gas station and the cashier had told him I stole gas! But since he had seen me stopping before he even came up behind me, he believed me and we went back to the gas station together. The cashier was convinced I had stolen $10.00 of gas and so the cop had to verify my empty tank. Not sure how I supposedly stole it when they required prepayment. Since the hose had pulled of $10.00 of gas was spilled (this was when gas was half the price, so it was actually a sizable amount. So the owner showed up and started yelling at me, the fire department came and threw sawdust on the gas, and the cashier and owner both kept treating me like a common criminal, even though the cop was on my side. By this time I was in tears and I called my husband. He was in the shower and didn't hear the phone. To make a long story short, they finally dropped charges and I embarrassingly went on my way. I have never been back to that gas station since! Now, years later, it makes for a great laugh and my husband still teases me for the paniced message I left on the answering machine for him! LOL!

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2007 :  09:42:56 AM  Show Profile
Oops! On the third line it should be "However, before I knew this . . ." Sorry!

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2007 :  11:42:51 AM  Show Profile
Well, I have decided that Brenda, Susan and I can NEVER travel together!! What a combo we would make!! It's good to know that we ALL goof up sometimes! Brenda, I could really picture that hose hanging out of your gas tank! How funny! Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  3:06:49 PM  Show Profile
Hmmm . . . Cindy, if the three of us did ride together, we could still a car and a gas hose all at once!! We could make the evening news (or perhaps an appearance on "Dumbest Criminals"!) LOL!

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  3:39:14 PM  Show Profile
I tell you what, I will take a chance IF you pick out a place that's got really good antique and yarn shops. I think that would be worth spending a night in jail for!

Cindy
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2007 :  09:24:14 AM  Show Profile
I'm game! I really shouldn't be around cars. My daughter took me to the grocery store last week. She has a new red car because she traded in the green one. That didn't seem to phase me as I opened the door of a green VW when I was done shopping, looked inside, and there was a very nice looking man staring at me. I mumbled something and by that time Rie had seen what was happening and came to rescue me. I have a one track mind! They keep saying they can't take me anywhere..............Susan
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2007 :  5:34:33 PM  Show Profile
Look out world...here we come! Cindy

If life gives you scraps, make quilts!
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2007 :  6:39:16 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness girls, what great stories - you made my night...I needed a good giggle!
Ann
http://annforrester.tohe.com
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2007 :  8:36:57 PM  Show Profile
Okay, now I am getting all confused as to what our plan should be . . . my criminal mind is tired. I know we steal a gas hose (though gas would really be more useful than the hose . . . ) but do we steal a red car or a green one? Maybe we just wear rose color glasses so they all look red? Or do we make that decision based on if there is a good looking guy sitting in it?

I watched an episode of "dumbest criminals" (or some such name) once that showed a would-be robber going into a convenience store with a bag over his head. He forgot one small detail . . . eye holes! LOL! He walked in, waving a gun and immediately walked into a display and fell down! So, for our get away "disguise" perhaps cindy could knit us face masks with eye holes?!

Brenda

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2007 :  12:13:33 PM  Show Profile
Brenda, don't feel bad about being confused, that is what got all three of us in this situation in the first place!!!

I'll start knitting......Cindy

If life gives you scraps, make quilts!
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2007 :  11:49:19 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Cindy,
The masks should be red and green, so that it doesn't matter if the car is red or green. I am sure we would "blend in". LOL!

Brenda

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Ain't life a hoot!? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page