poppysmom
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Kele
Iowa
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2005 :  6:03:58 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and have never done a "forum" anyway!! I live in Iowa and have FINALLY gotten my garden in today. It has been windy out here on the plains... I have 7 acres with my husband and daughter that we have had for 5years and we are still figuring out things. Ahhh, extreme living at its best! I look forward to trading ideas on organic gardening, raising small animals and the fun of being a farm girl --albeit in training!! yours truly, Kele

no day but today

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2005 :  06:11:46 AM  Show Profile
I see that your tag line is "no day but today." Are you a fan of the musical "Rent"? That is my most favorite musical ever!

Welcome to MaryJanesFarm forum! There are a lot of great women and great ideas here!
Go to Top of Page

Nicol
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Nicol

200 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2005 :  09:32:04 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Kele! Isn't this forum terrific?!? Congratulations on getting your garden going. Isn't that always such a nice feeling of accomplishment?
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1823 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1823 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2005 :  1:24:39 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Where are you from in Iowa? I grew up on a farm about 17 miles from Iowa City, close to Williamsburg. I now live on an acreage between Iowa city and Cedar Rapids. It is nice to hear from another Iowan. Marlene
Go to Top of Page

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2005 :  3:12:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Kele!

farmgirl@heart

Be at peace with yourself and the rest will follow
Go to Top of Page

poppysmom
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Kele
Iowa
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2005 :  6:06:39 PM  Show Profile
Wow, I leave my computers side for a day and I've made friends!! I live between DeWitt -- my husband calls our property "DeWitts End" ha ha -- and Grand Mound Iowa. Not too far from C.R. on Hwy 30 if you have an hour to blow on driving. I stuck some green bean seeds down in the ground after work today. If I dont turn my cuticles brown at least every other day I am lost.
Yeah, I love "Rent" the musical! I have seen it twice and could probably sing/recite the entrie soundtrack as I used to listen to that repeatedly. I just love the way it seems to pinpoint so many personalities of my generation. --something about yearning for a community of my own, but here with my camera, alone.
Anyone enjoying fresh greens outta the garden? Salmon Caesar Salad here I come...

Kele
P.S. I believe the proper term for someone from Iowa is "Iowegian" due to the oh-so balmy winters...

no day but today
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Fresh out of the garden... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page