True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  1:38:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi ladies!

Phew! It has been a crazy few months! Glad the holidays are over a bit but also sad because I feel like I didn't get to enjoy them at all.

Well lets see- the big news- I have a new farm kid on the way! I am 9 weeks pregnant so I got morning sickness all through the holidays! Then my grandfather took a turn for the worse and passed away on December 26th. He was the last surviving member of his squadron in WW2 and I believe was one of the last fighting Aces alive. He had been suffering from Alzheimer's for many years and the last few had been in a nursing home after my grandmother passed. I like to think of him flying up to Heaven in his plane, handsome- young and strong again. I like to think of Grandma and Grandpa dancing the night away up there.

We also adopted my boyfriend's mom's Great Pyrenees as he was living his life on a chain in the yard. He is still very young- only about a year and a half old. A big fluffly baby for sure. My boyfriend's cat that ran away when he was moving to Wyoming from Massachusetts was also recently found so we had to get her shipped in.

Our crazy house now consists of me and Josh as the outnumbered adults- two kids (his son is 10 and Nora is almost 10!), three dogs, three cats and three rabbits. Oh and of course the two horses but they are not in town with us.

We are hoping to be able to get a house in the country this summer before the little one is born. I have started looking. The house I was really excited about got pulled from the market and now is going to be a rental! I am so disappointed. Hopefully they will be willing to sell when the time is right for us.

Josh has remodeled my whole basement and we are working on putting the finishing touches on to get the house ready to sell. This spring before I get to big we are going to be doing some very intensive gardening and landscaping to get the house all shined up to go on the market.

How have you all been doing? I think of the forum a lot but I no longer have a laptop so I find myself not online as much as I used to be.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  2:41:16 PM  Show Profile
Hi Alee! Congratulations on the pregnancy! How exciting!!! But I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather! Yay on the Great Pyrenees and finding your boyfriend's cat! Sounds like you have a busy upcoming year, with a lot of changes and new adventures! I am looking forward to hearing about them!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  5:29:28 PM  Show Profile
Congrats on the pregnancy.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  6:33:07 PM  Show Profile
Alee... You sound so happy! Congratulations on all the wonderful in your life! You deserve the very best! Enjoy every minute of this! Just so happy for you and your family! Stay well! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  11:10:25 PM  Show Profile
Alee... Phew is right!!! You are one busy lil mama!
Congrats on the soon to be lil farm kiddo!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  06:23:10 AM  Show Profile
Alee, I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how things were going. So glad to hear that you are happy and doing well! I am sorry for the loss of your grandfather. I also like to think of my parents young and strong again in heaven.
Congratulations on the new baby. Hope you are able to find your dream home before he/she enters the world.

Karin
Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6594 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6594 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  06:56:06 AM  Show Profile
You have been busy Alee!! Congratulations on the many new exciting changes in your life.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13625 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13625 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  07:52:51 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
So good to hear from you and hear your news! You ARE busy! Glad things are going well!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  10:29:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks ladies! Things have been busy the last few years. I work as the office manager at an aviation company and I absolutely LOVE my job! My boss is the most amazing man I have ever met. I love it when his old friends come to visit because then the stories start flying! Like today- you ladies will get a kick out of this story!

My boss used to live down in Roswell, NM and back in the last 70's or early 80's he and a business partner bought a lighted sign that operated off a ticker tape inside the plane to run messages across the lights that hung below the wings. So they decided to take the plane up and try out this new sign/ticker tape contraption. They also decided to let the local sheriff know because of the whole UFO/Roswell/Area 51 mentality. Sure enough as soon as they took off and turned the lights on- the sheriff's phone lit up with people reporting UFOs!

The last two years of my life at work has been devoted to working on some helicopters we use for firefighting. This last year was the first year we got to operate them. We fought fires here in Wyoming, Utah, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana and even Georgia! In fact I was very jealous because they got to go to Spokane WA and St. Maries Id! We needed some parts ran out there and I kept trying to volunteer so I could go say hi to friends out there but my boss decided to go instead! Here is a picture of my "baby"

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  11:15:04 AM  Show Profile
Wow Alee...you lead an exciting life Girl! So Happy for you and all the new events in your life. I know that you haven't
been on MJF consistently for awhile...you are missed by many! Sorry about the loss of your grandfather but I love how you
invisioned his flight home and then him and grandma dancing in Heaven. Very Sweet Visual Picture.

Take care farmgirl and let us know when your Little Farm Person is born!!! Jump on every once in awhile so we know how you
are doing.

I love the Chopper Picture! That Chopper Probably helped some of our fires last year. So Thanks to your Crew!!!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 13 2017 11:18:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6945 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6945 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  12:14:25 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations on your pregnancy Alee! You have some wonderful and super busy times coming up. Keep us posted. Sorry to hear about your grandpa.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  12:36:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi PeggyAnn!

No our helicopter didn't get over to the Vancouver area. In Washington we were just west of Spokane before we got moved. Most of the season we were all over Oregon though!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  1:05:21 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Yes...I'm from Spokane...my Mother still lives there and I know they had a couple of really bad fires near them. Anyway, My Son In Law
lives in Deer Park (18 miles out of Spokane) and he is a Firefighter. So, we all are appreciative when outside help comes in. Our fire season
started early last year and was bad for both WA and OR.

Take Care and Again thanks for what you guys do!!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  1:19:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yes it was a crazy year! We were short on pilots or I could have had 4-5 helicopters working! From a forestry side, the fires are needed and nature's way of cleaning up. And from my company's view- its needed because that is how we make our money to keep everyone employed. However, it sure can be hard to see the fires eating up the beautiful forests. My boss and I went out on the first fire- I had to pick up a guy from one airport and drive him out and my boss let me stay since I basically devoted two years of my life to getting this program up. It was amazing to see the whole community that we were working for pulling together and doing what needed to be done. Our pilots always keep an ear out on the radio for the ground crews and about once a year we end up bringing water in to help a trapped team get a safe retreat when the fire turns or burns faster than anticipated. Its a crazy profession filled with extraordinary men and women!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8

Go to Top of Page

AFinkberry
True Blue Farmgirl

310 Posts

Ally
Kalama Washington
310 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2017 :  11:59:31 AM  Show Profile
Wow! That all sounds so exciting! Congrats on your pregnancy! So when you say "work" on helicopters, what do you mean? Do you mean you fly them or you fix them or you coordinate them?
And that story about your boss in Roswell!! LOL!!!

Ally
Farmgirl Sister #5672

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." ~His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2017 :  1:14:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am the office manager for my company. The helicopter I showed above is one of four we bought from the government on auction so I did a lot of paperwork to get what is called a Type Certificate from the FAA which lets us operate them. It took a year which is pretty much record time and I had to read and modify 110 maintenance manuals for them!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8

Go to Top of Page

AFinkberry
True Blue Farmgirl

310 Posts

Ally
Kalama Washington
310 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2017 :  1:18:29 PM  Show Profile
WHEW!!! Great job!! That's alot of reading!!

Ally
Farmgirl Sister #5672

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness." ~His Holiness the Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2017 :  1:27:40 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks! Yes it was, but I loved it. And I have made so many interesting contacts in the FAA and the Marines. I love it. :)

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Lots of Changes! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page