Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Dogs and such Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2017 :  09:58:58 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
So, if anyone knows me I am a HUGE animal lover. I have 3 dogs and 2 cats..for now. Why is it so hard for people to understand, yes, my home revolves around simple living and my pets? I don't care for too much decor, I have dog beds literally every 4 feet and if it ain't covered in drool, mud, or hair, I would think someone stole my animals. I eat fresh fruits and vegetables, a little meat and I could care less about image or having the latest greatest.

It's that simple for me.

Ingrid
True Blue Farmgirl

432 Posts

Ingrid
BC
Canada
432 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2017 :  3:44:07 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like a great way to live!

Give thanks to yourself everyday for all the wonderful things you do!
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6945 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6945 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2017 :  4:46:35 PM  Show Profile
There is nothing wrong with that! We are big animal lovers and have 3 big dogs and our house is run around them as well. There is a dog pillow in almost every room. They are family! So keep living life the way you do! I understand!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2017 :  5:50:36 PM  Show Profile
I also do not care if people like the way I live. I don't have a dog at the present time but do have a house full of cats and a yard full of chickens. I eat what I grow before going to the store, I hang my wash on the line. Simple life is best. Live happy, with less.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1029 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1029 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2017 :  10:03:46 PM  Show Profile
Same here Heather,
If someone doesn't like dogs then they need not visit my house. I don't put my dog outside just because, but living without a dog is unthinkable. I was told by a co-worker once that others were saying my house is dirty because I have dogs ......Haters!

My hubby and I both agree that people who don't like dogs are some kind of mutant sub-human species and to be avoided at all times except when absolutely necessary. I have had more than a couple times when my dogs came to my rescue. Without their prescense my safety may have been an issue. So in return they are not considered a possession but a family member, protector and friend. Sad some people are so narrow minded

TW

The fun begins where the pavement ends!
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3932 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3932 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2017 :  07:47:33 AM  Show Profile
I live in an apartment and have to have written permission to have a dog. In our case the dog came first and permission later. They don't know about the cat. SSSSSHHHHHH!

I love having a dog and a cat because a like having that "something" from each of them. Our landlords are restricting the size of the dog pack in this building to three. I don't understand why they say dogs and cats cause so much damage to an apartment. I haven't seen it with my dogs. As long as the animals have something to do when you are away and their messes (and it does happen) are cleaned up right away, I don't see a problem. Everyone always remembers the bad pet owners.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1029 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1029 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2017 :  12:27:58 PM  Show Profile
I think a faternity of college boys do more damage to a place than a lil ole kitty or puppy. Besides, my kids only tear up my personal stuff. Kind of a statement that you didn't get my permission to leave the house.

TW

Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  11:40:02 AM  Show Profile
When we lost our two dogs (within a few months of each other) to old age early last year we went about two weeks with no dogs in the house.

It felt really empty. :(

It just so happened that the day we lost our last dog my MIL got word of a dog that needed a home. I absolutely refused to consider it at first - it was just too SOON!

But luckily it worked out and after a little bit of time went by I was persuaded to just go "look".

And she came home with us immediately. Perfect dog. Just love her!
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1029 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1029 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  9:45:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jaime
That is how most of our kids came to live with us. The funniest story was with our second dog Ranger.

I was studying early childhood education. I decided to get a tarantula for a science project. (ok Ladies, I can see y'all giving me that yewuuu face! They really are cool, at least to me). Well we already had a lab named Woody and he needed a bud but we were hesitant on a second dog. Hubby decide to go get some tarantula food from the pet store. He came back from the pet store with the food and that I really want something bad look. He fessed up there is a homeless dog at a rescue service at the pet store. I hadn't showered yet but agreed to go look after I showered. Well the Doberman shepherd pup was still there but not for long. Ranger went home with us that day. Best trail dog and hiking bud I ever had.

We never get over the loss of our babies but new babies makes it not hurt so bad.

TW

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2017 :  11:04:32 PM  Show Profile
Heather.... Never Ever apologise for having/sharing your home with your fur family ... it's Your home... besides, "a house with out pet hair, is not a home"...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  05:14:31 AM  Show Profile
Nothing wrong with that! We are fur-baby (and other) lovers, and to me a home isn't a home without pets (or a few).

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole

Farmgirl Sister #1155
KNITTER, JAM-MAKER AND MOM EXTRAORDINAIRE
Chapter Leader, Connecticut Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  11:00:56 AM  Show Profile
Heather...I live in an Apartment and have a Scottie Dog who runs the show! LOL I had two dogs for awhile but had to have one
put to sleep. Sometimes I like animals more than people. In our Apartment Complex I learn people's dog's names before I learn
theirs. And sometimes I never learn theirs! LOL

We all crave the simple life or non of us would be on MJF. It is a great way to live!

Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  6:26:52 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Wow!! This thread took off!! Been busy so I missed it...I am just tired of people making fun of me for being a huge animal lover. I literally sat down in the parking lot with some lady's dog, just to say hi...hahahaha!! Quirky me but I love them so much! I was standing outside while they were delivering an old hutch for me and BOOM!!! Here comes a little female terrier, right to me, hopped up in my arms. The people thought she was mine!! LOL....

Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3932 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3932 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  8:35:00 PM  Show Profile
I know what you mean by a house feeling empty without a dog. After my Abel died at such a young age, I just couldn't bring myself to have another dog. I still had my cat Lotus. When we moved Lowell decided we needed a dog. We found Mitzi online and he fell in love with her. We are lucky she is an older dog. We didn't have to train her to go potty outside or to not trash our place. We will probably get older dogs from now on. We are older ourselves and would have trouble handling a puppy.

I have also had experience knowing dog names but not their owners' names. I would call the people by their pet names such as Conan's dad or Abby's mom. LOL

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.

Edited by - churunga on Jan 13 2017 8:37:10 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Dogs and such Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page