Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Getting back to the basics of life
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Getting back to the basics of life Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  4:49:46 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I have gone and removed my FB, Instagram and YOUTUBE from my life. Best choice I have ever made! I had some people harassing me, literally a group of grown women I used to work with are the main fools and have nothing better to do but gossip and be ugly, about my husband being a police officer and being conservative and the things I have going on in my life.

Instead of discussing things like adults, they choose to send harassing and just plain evil messages and then take the time to find me on other social media and attack me there. And y'all, I live in this town with them. I am quite floored by all of their actions. What is wrong with people lately?

So I was feeling quite down because I just don't treat people like that. If I disagree, I move on and do my thing. I have been home, nursing hubby from his 14th surgery and watching a lot of HGTV and I love "Fixer Upper". I started GOOGLING them on the internet and love the way they love their family, simplicity, are creative and they have a huge love of the Lord. They, also, have been going through some garbage in the press for their beliefs and are handling it with grace.

So GRACE is my word for 2017, as is 1000000% in on simplicity and just doing my thing. I have removed quite a number of people from my life but that's ok too.

I am off to make some peppermint foot scrub/soak and finish wrapping the last few presents.

Time to get back to the basics of LIVING life!!!

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1509 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1509 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  4:55:46 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
I am so sorry Heather. It would be nice if some adults learned to play well together. <3 Hugs.

GRACE is a FAB word!!

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232 FGOTM May 2016
<3 OUR FARM <3
https://www.facebook.com/WinklerDerBauernhof/
https://derbauernhofsite.wordpress.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  5:03:31 PM  Show Profile
Heather,,, never let others drag you down,,,
as I like to say,,,"they are a guest in your world,,, and you don't have to open the door! "
Hugz

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  5:11:30 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I found this and love it... " Distilling one another down to data bites was never what God had in mind."

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7490 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7490 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  5:28:10 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
So sorry to hear, Heather. You know your farmgirl friends are always here to help you.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1029 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1029 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  5:57:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi Heather
So sorry you have to suffer these small minded shallow persons. It is so sad that people who claim to be intelligent and open minded are so not. I was shunned at my work place for years because of my religion and conservatism. I have been labeled as unintelligent and racist just because I call myself a country girl. Some people eqate that as redneck and therefore racist. Luckily the haters are gone either through retirement or other reasons. Our work place is finally starting to heal and mend.

Farmgirls are strong, longsuffering, peace seekers and forgiving but mostly we are survivors. We have patience and grace. Heather I pray all these things for you. Stay strong and know we are all holding you up in prayer.

TW

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction.
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  6:11:30 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks y'all. I am a farmgirl with a Masters Degree...both academically and in life. It really has made me prioritize my life and just do my own thing. I am tired of giving energy to anyone who just is a negative nelly or can't be a grown up about things. Some of these women I have known over 10 years-what part of my life are you just coming to figure out about me? And why am I suddenly THE RACIST or BIGOTED one? Interesting.

I have declared 2017 the year I really focus on my family and myself. I have removed myself from all obligations that I normally volunteer for. That went over like a ton of bricks with a few people but oh well!!!

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  6:12:42 PM  Show Profile
Heather. I have lived a long time and one thing I have discovered. Eliminate the negative people from your life and enjoy the good ones. God bless you. I also know you can get down from being a care-giver. Take care.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  7:17:28 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Bonnie! As I mentioned in another post from awhile ago, lots and LOTS has happened to me over the past 2 years- life changing stuff!! I have gone back to my roots, the one's in boots and dirt and all things farmgirl fabulous. I gave up the corporate life to go teach and I love it! I guess it's hard for others to accept the changes I have made- which is weird, because shouldn't we all support each other, no matter what we are going through? As long as we are coming from a kind and caring place.

I look at it as I get to discover new people so bring it on life!

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2016 :  6:21:59 PM  Show Profile
Heather, I too am going to do away with Facebook this year. It gets really petty and the drama is something I feel I can be a better person doing other things than reading it.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2016 :  7:00:22 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Nora- you will be much happier, I guarantee!!! : )

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2016 :  7:07:41 PM  Show Profile
(((hugs))) Heather! I gave up Facebook about four years ago. It was best for my family! I don't regret it! Praying for you as I know that even though you are strong in who you are, the meanness effects you!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2016 :  1:08:55 PM  Show Profile
Heather, I too am sorry you had a bad experience on Facebook. I can't imagine what or why your neighbors behave like this, but regardless there is no excuse. I know this won't help but I believe in karma and answering for our sins when we arrive at the pearly gate. But I am sorry to see you have such a negative feeling toward Facebook and other social media. Not all people are bad and I especially love the fact that I have reconnected with old school mates and been able to follow many of my children's childhood friends as they have grown up, married and are starting to have children of their own.

Take care of your self and your family and the rest will take of itself!

Jana
http://www.emhardt.com

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2016 :  6:25:08 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks y'all!!! I do believe in karma or whatever comes back to bite you in the end. I have seen it many times.

FB is no longer the place it started off for me. I shared with family and friends who were far away but now, I feel like a lot of time, it's become fake book and I want real interactions, minus those people who I just will never see. They have my phone number and text me sweet notes and pictures.

I am also challenging myself big time these coming months. My biggest goal is to make more memories with my little family and be TOTALLY engaged while doing it. I love photography and it's fallen by the wayside with me. I also love to hike and explore and I will be doing more of that. I am also doing a reading challenge. I have been reading nothing but college texts and it's time to get back to some "soul" reading. 24 books this year is my goal! I have the new Nicole Curtis and Junk Gypsy books to devour as well. :)

And Shannon, yes the meanness and how it effects yourself...it's awful! I don't care if people think that what they say or type doesn't matter but it does. I am a very empathetic person and it eats away at my soul.

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2016 :  04:05:48 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Heather,
I can relate about the reading. I have for the past five years read nothing but textbooks. Now that I am in grad school and only taking one class a quarter, I am hoping to have more time to read for pleasure. I like your challenge of 24 books this year. I think that I will adopt that as well.

We just moved to Maine and found our little homestead and getting back to the simple things in life. I look forward to the day when I am finally completely moved in and can do that. This old farmhouse needed repairs and for the past 3 months, we have been cleaning up the trash left from the previous owner and repairing the house. It should not be much longer and then I can finally move in.

I have read quite a few posts about your challenges and agree with the stand you take. I didn't delete my facebook account, but I did narrow the members of those who I didn't mind reading posts from. One of the groups that I have on my facebook account is Repeat me crochet. I like and enjoy looking at the different things that people are making and selling. The other group is natural health and living. I am currently also taking online courses to earn my ND in natural healing. My master's degree is in adult education. I still have 2 more years before I graduate with my degree.

Farm Girl Hugs
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Farm Girl of the Month December 2016

Edited by - Ladybek9756 on Dec 26 2016 04:51:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2016 :  8:17:53 PM  Show Profile
Rebecca, I really support your change to your life. Don't be worried about what others think. You are in charge and need some new friends with a positive attitude. Life is precious. Make your choices, learn and enjoy!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

lovecatsandsunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Tara
Sands of Time SC
USA
274 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2016 :  1:08:25 PM  Show Profile
I use a cell phone only for emergencies. Don't have acct for instagram, twitter ect. I belong to a few crafty groups on FB and haven't encountered any drama. I like to see what others are creating and get feedback on my projects.

Support your local organic farmer.www.localharvest.org
Have you hugged your cat today?
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2016 :  1:18:37 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Tara- I think the drama comes from people I know!!! HAHAHAHA I loved my FB for groups I belonged too- I am a big science/space geek and it was fun!!! And I never had an issue with anyone on there.

Go to Top of Page

lovecatsandsunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

274 Posts

Tara
Sands of Time SC
USA
274 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2016 :  4:20:35 PM  Show Profile
Heather, do you feel your life is less congested since you are not on line as much? My husband deleted his fb page 2 years ago. It was such a source of stress for him. I have 2 friends on FB. They are pen pals I have known for very long time. But I don't want drama, so I don't follow anyone or want to be "friends" with anyone. My niece is a science geek.

Support your local organic farmer.www.localharvest.org
Have you hugged your cat today?
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2016 :  4:54:24 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Yes I do! Like I said, I am very empathetic to people (hence why I am no longer in healthcare- it wears on the soul) I also was fed up with people taking my posts and spreading lies and rumors- for whatever silly reason they had. I am not one to gloat about my life but when I post something, I try to be positive and I want to share. I guess that was too much for people. I then had this thought- DO all these people deserve to be in my life? I have become quite selfish and I am proud of that- I used to do EVERYTHING for EVERYBODY but the past 2.5 years, as I have lost my parents and BIL and 3 more major surgeries for my husband and some health issues of my own, I came to realize, and this is my salty sailor talking, 99% of the people on my page did not give a hoot about any of it. Now, I get it, people are busy BUT don't expect me to jump through hoops for YOU when you can't do that same for me. I know that is selfish thinking, but right now, I have to be.

I feel like I am releasing a lot of pent up something and it feels good.

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Getting back to the basics of life Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page