Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 SIGNUPS CLOSED: Scrappy 6-1/2" squares
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic SIGNUPS CLOSED: Scrappy 6-1/2" squares Next Topic
Page: of 5

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  1:30:16 PM  Show Profile
I came home and began stitching...until my back said rest. It is so exciting to see the squares going together. In a bit I will go back and sew more rows together.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  6:00:49 PM  Show Profile
Lisa the camper fabrics are from Timeless Treasures, if you google the company and look under transportation in themes they have a whole bunch of different camping fabric, even some I have not seen before so its worth a look.

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

Liscuva
True Blue Farmgirl

289 Posts

Lisa
West Seneca NY
USA
289 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  6:47:57 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Denise I will def check it out!
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  8:57:21 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Lisa - that is the true scrappy method. Blindly putting the pieces in a bag (large bag in this case - LOL!), pulling them out one by one, and sewing them together.

I will cut out 9 more blocks tomorrow and finish the last 3 rows. Then I will lay out the rows to decide how to arrange them, press the seams to the right on the odd numbered rows and to the left on the even numbered rows, and sew them together. Then add a border. Can't wait. It is looking good.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  8:59:45 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, all of my squares from you plus my own and some extras are sewn together. It is very, very colorful. I love it. I will add a border, perhaps tomorrow afternoon. It was so much fun. Thank you Linda for organizing the swap and answering my questions. Thank all of you for the cute colorful squares.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  9:18:22 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I love these swaps, too, and there are NO DOUBLES in the blocks everyone sent. I love how colorful it is.
You are so welcome, Marilyn, and I am so happy you have been in all the fabric squares swaps so far. Remember when you and I were talking about doing this. I am so glad we started the swaps and the participation has been great! There WILL be more of them. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2017 :  9:22:05 PM  Show Profile
Good, I love fabric. Thanks.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2017 :  3:59:54 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Sorry I have been MIA. I got a case of bronchitis and it knocked me for a loop. I still don't feel great but the wretched cough is better. Everything hurts from it. I thought I would cough my eye out! The new lenses from cataracts. Yikes!

BTW I went to the post office the day I said I was mailing my fabrics and they said it would be $2.56 each. When I told them everyone all over was sending them for $1.36 I was told everyone else was doing it wrong. I said I wanted them back because I would mail them elsewhere. When I went to the next po they told me that they would mail it this time but it should be the higher price because it felt like fabric and not paper. I said it was fabric. So I think if the fabric has paper around it there isn't a problem. Lesson learned!

Love everyone's fabrics. Not sure how I will assemble mine yet.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2017 :  4:02:55 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Yep - POs are different. My gals know it is fabric, but if it is uniform thickness and goes through the slot they send it as the lower rate.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2017 :  6:29:10 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Christy for the cute squares. Some of them remind me of scrapbook papers, very sweet. Now I can add another row and my quilt will be a bit longer. Thanks.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Christy925
True Blue Farmgirl

476 Posts

Christy
Midland Michigan
USA
476 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2017 :  09:09:00 AM  Show Profile
I think I'll start putting mine together. I'm home from work today. Bad cold :( Yesterday was my husbands visit to U/M. His CT scan results are not good. My cold was just beginning so I wore a mask the whole time we were there. By the time we got home I was in bad shape. He is depressed, I'm sick and the weather is crappy. We are a fine pair..UGH

He starts a different chemo next week so I better get some hand sewing in my bag, have a feeling I'm going to need it. Thank you ladies for offering these swaps and being so kind. They are welcome distractions for me right now. My husband enjoys seeing all the fabrics and things I'm doing with them.

Farmgirl Sister #2315
http://www.etsy.com/shop/WildThymeCreations?ref=pr_shop
https://www.flickr.com/photos/marketwoman45/albums
Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2017 :  04:23:20 AM  Show Profile
Christy
I'm sorry to hear about your husbands scans. I hope your cold clears up soon. Thinking of you!
Enjoy all the fabric, and get some rest.

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic SIGNUPS CLOSED: Scrappy 6-1/2" squares Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page