ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2007 :  08:10:18 AM  Show Profile
Here in mid-Missouri we are in the midst of yet another ice storm. In the suburbs of St. Louis, we have weathered the first round with only temporarily losing power, but have round 2 and round 3 coming in over the weekend.

I've heard that Springfield, MO is 60-8o% without power and will likely remain out for a week or more. How are all the midwest farmgirls doing with this dangerous weather?

I'd get a face lift - but then it wouldn't match my body!

Patsy
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Illinois
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2007 :  08:48:36 AM  Show Profile
We didn't get any ice but we did get hours and hours of rain. Everything is flooded. The ditches are full and the streets have standing water. My yard is like a swamp. The ice hit just north of us and just south. We were blessed that we didn't get that......at least not yet. It is getting colder so who know what will happen in the next couple of days. Rain is predicted until Tuesday so we may get it yet.

Blessed are those who love the soil,

Patsy

Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2007 :  11:38:18 AM  Show Profile
I'm down here about 75 miles south of St. Louis and we had hard rain all night (it was supposed to rain hard from Friday a.m. until Sunday night and flood, but it only drizzled off & on during the day), but today it's just very cold with no rain. We're supposed to get sleet and snow tomorrow.

My son is in Columbia and they had ice and snow starting Thursday evening.

I hope you're warm and cozy, with power and lots of goodies to snack on!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch
Go to Top of Page

horse
True Blue Farmgirl

371 Posts

laura
pontotoc mississippi
USA
371 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2007 :  11:55:37 AM  Show Profile
I talked to my Dad who is in Fort Worth and he said it was freezing rain, asked what was going on here. I told him nothing other than it being hot. I have raised my windows, hung clothes out and have on a short sleeve. We were suppose to have some bad storms this weekend but the weather man has now pushed it to come in late Sunday and early Monday. Here it is January and it looks like a spring day here. YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!
Laura
www.2lmzfarms.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Beach Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Vanessa
Williamsburg VA
111 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2007 :  12:19:39 PM  Show Profile
Ice storms are no fun~we lived through those when we lived in VA.
Meanwhile, 30 miles out to sea on this sandbar I call home, it is in the low 70's and we're all in shorts and t-shirts! Even strange for out here in January.

Those of you caught in the grips of this storm are in my prayers.

Vanessa

Farmgirl-by-the-Sea
Go to Top of Page

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2007 :  08:24:18 AM  Show Profile
Here in Oklahoma we have had an ice storm and we are supposed to get more this weekend. With 4 kids, it's no fun. Cabin fever is not good!

However, we cannot complain as our electricity has been fine and my husband has been getting to and from work okay.

Just ready for this to thaw out!!! It's cold....brrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·.
Wife of Jonathan, Mother of Joel, Caitlyn, Elia, Nathanael
Go to Top of Page

momto6
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Valerie
Goltry OK
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2007 :  12:46:46 PM  Show Profile
Rebecca,

I'm in NW OK; we got sleet, not ice. We are praying for all those without power in eastern OK. Sleet has turned into a solid, hard as rock, glazed sheet of ice. Today they are finally beginning to get small town streets cleared; highways are clear as of this morning. We, too are supposed to get that snow; I think NW OK is supposed to get 6-8 inches. The only redeeming factor is that the wind is not supposed to blow.

Cabin fever, nah, don't have a clue what that is! On top of being cooped up with 3 teenagers, an 8 year old, and my dh, by Sat/Sun, they were all running high fevers with the achy, breaky influenza. Major headaches! (I had one too, listening to them whine!!)

I'm thinking of all of you who have had much more severe weather than we have. The Lord will take care of each of you; He does have a plan for all this "strange" weather.

Val
Go to Top of Page

yellojewl
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Amber
Hurley MO
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2007 :  4:11:22 PM  Show Profile
I am finally back online. I almost did a happy dance. I'm in SW Missouri and we had quite the icestorm. We have been without electricity, cell phone, water and Internet/cable access. Everything is back in working condition! Now I hear we are going to be getting some snow on Saturday (3-6 inches). Goodness! 3-6 inches is enough to cause some slowdowns around here. Our road crews are good but not equipped for large amounts. I have enjoyed my TV/Internet-free days, but I was looking forward to reading the Farmgirl chats and checking my email
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Ice storms in the midwest Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page