Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 New here........got our property cleared this week
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic New here........got our property cleared this week Next Topic  

shelle
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Shelle
oklahoma
USA
404 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  9:18:19 PM  Show Profile
Things have started happening on our little homestead to be. We got the land cleared a couple days ago. I just got to see it today since it got cleared and I took a few pictures to start a little documentary of our journey. Now if we could just sell the current house we have in town.We do have a possible prospective family from our church but they have yet to see the house. Hopefully next week.

Here is a picture of where the house will be located. We left the big cedar tree to have in the front yard. Oh and we purposely left the back yard small so that we could feel like we are right in the middle of the woods.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b108/shelle007/100_1196.jpg

Right now I know that it doesnt look like much but when we get the house in there and get the landscaping done it will be nice. We'll probably either move onto the property in our travel trailer when the house sells or we may just take the trailer to my brothers home just down the driveway and stay there. Depends on how well the soil packs down. Right now it would be like parking in the middle of a sand dune........lol

Shelle

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  9:35:10 PM  Show Profile
Oh Shelle it looks like a wonderful spot. I love that you left the trees like that...so pretty! IT will sure be fun to see it as it progresses...lucky you!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  9:46:12 PM  Show Profile
How wonderful. What a lovely site. You will have to keep us posted with pictures so we can go with you on your journey. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Patsy
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Illinois
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  03:24:13 AM  Show Profile
Shelle,

It looks like an ideal spot to me. Lots of woods to explore. Good luck.

Blessed are those who love the soil,

Patsy

Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  07:25:55 AM  Show Profile
How great to see your plans coming together! Please keep us updated on the progress

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Sweet Harvest Homestead
True Blue Farmgirl

279 Posts

Lindy
Stanfield NC
USA
279 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2007 :  6:40:34 PM  Show Profile
looks like a dream come true shelle!
Lindy

www.sweetharvesthomestead.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2007 :  05:07:35 AM  Show Profile
Shelle,
Looks like a great spot, I would put my house there in a minute! Bet you are excited to get going on your house. Lets us see pictures as it goes up.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2007 :  10:07:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Beautiful spot, Shelle!

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

OregonGal
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Chris
No. IL
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2007 :  7:27:27 PM  Show Profile
Shelle, I like your little corner of the world. Good luck and hope all goes well for you.
Go to Top of Page

shelle
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Shelle
oklahoma
USA
404 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2007 :  11:02:31 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Chris!!!

Now if we can get a buyer for our current house we could order the new one and get moved out there before spring is over.

Shelle
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic New here........got our property cleared this week Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page