Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Anyone else saying "goodbye" this week?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Anyone else saying "goodbye" this week? Next Topic  

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2007 :  2:00:55 PM  Show Profile
My son (my oldest child -- in college) left about an hour ago. The semester doesn't begin until a week from tomorrow, but he went back today for job reasons. Anyway, I'm one of those moms who hated to see August roll around and the kids go to school, absolutely loves having them "under foot and in the refrigerator", etc., etc., so today is really difficult for me. Anyone else in the same boat?

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch

horse
True Blue Farmgirl

371 Posts

laura
pontotoc mississippi
USA
371 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2007 :  2:11:30 PM  Show Profile
I guess you can say that I'm in the same boat with you. It's not that I love my oldest son the most but for along time it was just him and me. So we are really close. He is suppose to get his shipping papers one day this week. He is in the military. It is really breaking my heart knowing he is going to be so far away from me.
Laura
www.2lmzfarms.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2007 :  3:08:59 PM  Show Profile
My oldest son moved out last week to a little house in Atlanta. He is living with a friend of his from elementary school! It's a cute place- but it took 9 hours to clean it up before they could put their things in. :( He still has to clean his room here. That has taken the longest so far. I really want it empty so I can move in and set up my long-awaited laundry/craft room. Will I miss him being here? Maybe, if he ever really leaves!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Anyone else saying "goodbye" this week? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page