Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Happy Memorial weekend farmgirls
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Happy Memorial weekend farmgirls Next Topic  

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 29 2005 :  4:24:22 PM  Show Profile
I'm sitting here right now instead of outside because outside is really starting to annoy and depress me! As most of you know, I live in a mobile home, my home is cute, clean and "VERY FARMY". My yard is small but I grow alot of things. My step daughter is here w/ her fiance, my family and another sister. My neighbors are (not all) obnoxious. One is screaming at her daughter like a truck driver, one is having an argument w/ his wife and teenage kids are walking down the street using the "F" word like it was the first word they ever spoke. I know God never gives us more then we can handle BUT right now all I want is my little 2 acres, 2 sheep, a few chickens, my family and PEACE and QUIET!!!!!!!I want to walk out my door and see land, mountains, wildlife, NOT loud, cursing obnoxious people. I want to be in my own space and hear nature. I dont have to be in the middle of nowhere but I have to be away from "STUFF" like this. I pray it happens soon. ANYWAY, have a great w/end and THANK YOU, I know you understand and it helps. Michele

"she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands". Prov. 31:13

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - May 29 2005 :  4:44:38 PM  Show Profile
I hear ya, Michele, and I can definately relate. I know it's frustrating. Thankfully my loud neighbors are away for the weekend, so it is quite peaceful around my home... and this is a HUGE blessing to me because it is exactly what I need right now. Maybe you can put some music on outside and drown out the annoyances?

****Gardener, Stitcher, Spiritual Explorer and Appreciator of all Things Natural****

"Begin to weave and God will give the thread." - German Proverb
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - May 29 2005 :  5:05:19 PM  Show Profile
Michele, Sometimes by occupying other senses we can tune out certain stimuli that is overwhelming us at the time. I feel for you having to put up with stuff like that. Try reading a really great book, burn a wonderful scented candle, take a long warm soak in the tub, listen to soothing music, look at your plants and flowers really up close, smell them, feel their texture and the life within them, feel how the grass tickles your bare feet, eat a cold popsicle or ice cream, put some of your old records or CD's on that have good memories attached to them, and just remember farmgirl, nothing lasts forever and you are on your way...

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century.
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - May 29 2005 :  6:40:01 PM  Show Profile
Michele, I know what you mean! Living in town, we have a metal foundry (factory) across the street from our house, and boy it never gives us a moment's peace (except on the weekends...ahhhh), and we have neighbors who party til the wee hours of the morning... I long for wide open spaces where all I hear is the beating of my own heart :). Remember, "this too shall pass" in life, and someday we'll get our dreams realized! Happy Memorial Day!

Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 29 2005 :  7:24:04 PM  Show Profile
Thanks girls!!! I love Thoreau, I'll read him till I fall asleep. Michele

Go to Top of Page

Nicol
True Blue Farmgirl

200 Posts

Nicol

200 Posts

Posted - May 31 2005 :  09:14:23 AM  Show Profile
Michele, I am sorry you have to put up with that. Meadowlark had terrific ideas for you. I too yearn for my own space. Hope you had a Happy Memorial Day anyway!
Go to Top of Page

Nana Naomi
Farmgirl in Training

41 Posts

Mary
Tyler, Texas TX
USA
41 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2005 :  10:08:54 AM  Show Profile
Whoa!!! Sorry, but GOD always gives us more than we can handle WITHOUT HIM!!! Relax, you aren't supposed to carry everything alone!! " God helps those who help themselves" is also OFF! I think that that one came from old Ben Franklin but people seem to think that it's from the Bible. As long as we try to go it alone, GOD will keep piling it on until we ask for help.
I know from experience. When I had my first baby at 42, I also had a heartattack, stroke and congestive heart failure!!! I couldn't DO anything! That's what it took for me to learn this lesson. Don't wait that log!!
quote:
Originally posted by westernhorse51

I'm sitting here right now instead of outside because outside is really starting to annoy and depress me! As most of you know, I live in a mobile home, my home is cute, clean and "VERY FARMY". My yard is small but I grow alot of things. My step daughter is here w/ her fiance, my family and another sister. My neighbors are (not all) obnoxious. One is screaming at her daughter like a truck driver, one is having an argument w/ his wife and teenage kids are walking down the street using the "F" word like it was the first word they ever spoke. I know God never gives us more then we can handle BUT right now all I want is my little 2 acres, 2 sheep, a few chickens, my family and PEACE and QUIET!!!!!!!I want to walk out my door and see land, mountains, wildlife, NOT loud, cursing obnoxious people. I want to be in my own space and hear nature. I dont have to be in the middle of nowhere but I have to be away from "STUFF" like this. I pray it happens soon. ANYWAY, have a great w/end and THANK YOU, I know you understand and it helps. Michele

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Happy Memorial weekend farmgirls Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page