MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6928 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6928 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  12:08:46 PM  Show Profile
How terrible!! I am so sorry this is happening to you guys. It makes me sad how the world has become an untrustworthy place to live. Hopefully you can find a quite and safe place to live.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3930 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3930 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  12:36:35 PM  Show Profile
The two Little Free Libraries in my neighborhood had their doors broken off my children swinging on them. What is sad to me is that no one seems to be taking the initiative to fix them.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
The Great North Woods in the Land of Hiawatha
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  12:42:11 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - melody on Jun 13 2016 07:55:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2016 :  1:00:31 PM  Show Profile
I can't blame you for being fed up Melody. Good luck on finding a much quieter and nicer area to live in. Your library sounded so nice, it's a shame some jerk ruined it for you. Hang in there, things will get better!

Dawn in IL

"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses." Abraham Lincoln
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6592 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6592 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2016 :  05:23:07 AM  Show Profile
Melody, I am sorry to hear that your little library got vandalized! That is such a shame. It does sound like it is time for a change of address! Good luck looking and let us know what happens. Who know, maybe there is a little place just begging for a bit of work to make it Farmgirl Ready!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

crafter
True Blue Farmgirl

2313 Posts

lori
Fort Atkinson Wisconsin
USA
2313 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2016 :  06:52:06 AM  Show Profile
Melody- it breaks my heart that there is so little respect for others, belongings, feelings, properties- the list goes on and on. How is the world did we get to this? My dad and mom always taught me to treat others the way I would like to be treated- when and how did that ever change? I am sorry for this to happen to you and your family. I pray you find a quieter place.

Lori

God has promised strength for the day, rest for the labor, light for the way, grace for the trials, help from above, unfailing sympathy and undying love.

We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2016 :  09:20:56 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - melody on Jun 13 2016 07:56:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn Hartman Sullivan
True Blue Farmgirl

1138 Posts

Marilyn
Oxford PA
USA
1138 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2016 :  10:06:58 AM  Show Profile
You see? This is how neighborhoods go into decline. The decent people who live in them and try their best to make them livable finally give up after the yucky people drive them to the point where they just finally have to throw up their hands and say "Enough!" So when the politicians start to rant and rant about the inner cities and the bad neighborhoods and how we just have to throw more money at them to make them better -- I call "Baloney!" The people who live in a neighborhood MAKE a neighborhood, and when the people who live there treat it with respect, it becomes a respectable place to live. And when they treat it with disrespect, it becomes an unrespectable address. (I know that's not a proper word, but whatever! ha ha)

Sounds to me like you have made a very great effort to improve your little corner of the world, but the icky people have done their nasty best to undo it. I hope you can find a sweet little spot in a restful bit of country where you can enjoy your surroundings without fighting against a mess all the time. Good luck on your endeavors.

Farmgirl #6318
"Where there's a will -- there's probably a family fight."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2016 :  11:15:09 AM  Show Profile
It is always so difficult to know how to handle a situation like what you have going on Melody.
When I was in Seattle last week...my son had some one come up on his front Porch and Steal a
buddha statue. I don't care for his whole buddha thing...but that still gives no one the right
to just take what they want, when they want it, when it does not belong to them. And I can
sympathize with how you are feeling...about your little Library and the noise pollution and the
lavender glass knob. Why can't people just be respectful and kind...is it really that difficult?
I hope you find your little slice of Country...because you will never find it in the City.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

melody
True Blue Farmgirl

3317 Posts

Melody
USA
3317 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2016 :  11:28:41 AM  Show Profile

Edited by - melody on Jun 13 2016 07:57:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13617 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13617 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2016 :  1:15:40 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Melody,
I'm sooooooo sorry for all of it! I will be praying for direction and answers for you and your hubby!
Sending farmgirl hugs, love and prayers!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

my aprons - http://www.facebook.com/FarmFreshAprons

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

5075 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
5075 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2016 :  1:35:02 PM  Show Profile
Prayers! Sooo Sorrry!! This kinda thing goes on all across our nation! Lack of teaching children morals and respect!! Many parents too busy on their phones all the time, not listening! to their kids. That is what the children said, who were interviewed for part of a new book called "Unselfie" teaching your children to be kind and empathetic! A must read for this generation! Common sense to the Baby Boomer Generation! WE didin't live in a Social media World! I did have to laugh when the author said, she had to remind parents, children are watching what their parents do! DUH!!

Farmgirl hugs! Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7479 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7479 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2016 :  7:08:19 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I'm so sorry to hear your library got vandalized and you feel a need to move to a better neighborhood. Everyone needs to read, and if the people/person who vandalized your library were to do something more constructive with their time they would not be the delinquent they are. Prayers that you find a nice place to live.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2016 :  1:18:25 PM  Show Profile
Melody, doesn't sound good to me. I am sorry you are going through this. Prayers to you. Keep us posted.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2016 :  6:34:20 PM  Show Profile
Melody, I am so very sorry your neighborhood is so disappointing. Maybe it's time to think about moving.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6582 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6582 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2016 :  7:13:37 PM  Show Profile
Mel, this is so unbelievable, I am so sorry this has happened to you, such a good person and kindhearted soul. What the heck is our world coming too!, But sadly as others have said it does happen all the time. I hate that you have to move and want to move and leave your beautiful home. All the hard work,and love you and your hubby put into it! But I know how very happy you and your family will be in the country with a sweet country home. Oh the new memories you will make. You are in my heart and thoughts you know that!

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

FGOTM, Septembe, 2012

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that!

http://shopus.longaberger.com/mountainwingslongabergerbaskets
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Issue Resolved Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page