happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2007 :  4:16:24 PM  Show Profile
The kitchen has been the hardest room for me to "design" as we've built our new house, and I've tried to measure and envision what I really, really want vs what I can afford. Well, I found a wonderful vintage electric stove (the big kind with a large drawer beside the oven and 2 other drawers and a soup pot in place of one of the burners) and am picking that up next week.

After 8 months of searching, I found an ebay listing for a double sink with attached drainboard on each side!! It is/was gorgeous, and we bid on it and late last night it ended -- I won!! It's actually dh's ebay account, so he emailed the seller to let them know we could pick it up at their convenience (it was a pick-up item about 1 1/2 hours from here). I logged onto his account a little bit ago to see if the seller had responded and found that the seller (active since 2000) is *no longer a registered ebay member*!!

I am just sick about this! It was exactly what I was looking for and now it looks like I won't be getting it. Of course, we hadn't made payment yet; dh had asked if they wanted the money now or if they preferred we bring cash when we picked it up next week. But it's so disappointing, particularly since the sink was so hard to find in the first place.

Thanks for letting me vent, ladies.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2007 :  5:11:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Patti that stinks! I wonder what happened? I am glad you are not out the money, though and you can keep searching for the sink of your dreams.
Bonnie

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2007 :  07:58:54 AM  Show Profile
Great news! The seller contacted us and still wants to complete the sale. In fact, he said we could just bring the money (even would take a check!) when we pick up the sink.

As for the ebay issue, dh contacted ebay and asked if he was kicked out for some reason we should know about before doing business with him, and we got a very quick response saying that it was a technical glitz that affected a small number of users and that ebay is working to get them reinstated. I feel better knowing he didn't do something wrong to get kicked out.

Anyway, we're going to pick up the sink either Wednesday or Thursday!!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2007 :  08:20:44 AM  Show Profile
Well congratulations, Patti! I know a sink isn't really a big thing in the whole cosmic scheme, but it sure is hard to get your heart set on something, think you have it nailed down and then see it jerked away. I'm so glad you're still able to have it.

We'll need pics, you know!
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  08:02:10 AM  Show Profile
Patti, I can't believe that happened. I've always been so pleased with ebay transactions. I'm glad it has finally worked out for you. Now, go over to the sink thread and give us all the details of that gorgeous sink.

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time."
James Taylor
www.ragstoroses.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  09:20:47 AM  Show Profile
Yay Patti! I'm glad this worked out for you. The same thing happened to my dad that happened to your seller. It caused a ton of problems.
You will have to post pictures of your georgeous new sink!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Feeling sick over a sink!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page