Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2007 :  09:40:44 AM  Show Profile
Can you believe it? We are getting slammed again here in Colorado! So far this AM we have about another 4 inches on top of the ice from the previous storms. Yesterday was sunny and 60 degrees, and I was fortunate to have outside water for all the critters. Yippee!! It was great to change it all and give everyone fresh, clean water. The forecasters said we would only get a trace of snow, so now it's still coming down and the wind is creating white out conditions. Trying to walk outside is really treacherous, since what thawed out and made slush yesterday is frozen again with more snow on top...with blowing snow! Ok, guess I'm finished crabbin. Thanks for listening. Guess it's another hunker down day and I'll start planning my garden for SPRINGTIME!!!

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2007 :  12:29:02 PM  Show Profile
Hey Lu! I actually just sent you an email. Oh my gosh can you believe all this snow? It has been snowing since this morning around 7ish. I think we will for sure get more than 4 inches, but I am higher up than you are. It is actually very beautiful, if you can see farther than your hand, lol! My kids tried to go sledding today but it didnt last long. They couldn't see what was in front of them, thankfully they are smart enough to realize that.
I am so glad that your critters have fresh water. Our critters were eating snow for a few days. We have a heater in our water tanks, but it is so cold here that everything froze under the ground not allowing any water to even come out. Poor Critters. We finally had to move the tank (not a small job) And run a hose to it. Roll the hose back up and keep it in so it can't freeze. Now hopefully the water in the tank wont freeze. Geesh! LOL, I love snow and its beautiful, but it sure can make for some extra work. But i am inside in mmy pj's so I can truly enjoy it.

Lilpunkin

Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away.
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2007 :  12:53:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh Luanne and lilpunkin- I hope that you can survive yet another snowstorm!! My brother is out there in CO and he has been working from home since Christmas. Good for him, since he is recovering from a broken leg. :) The less exposure to the icy elements for him right now, the better. Stay warm.

Karin

PS- And stay safe!

Edited by - Mumof3 on Jan 05 2007 12:54:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2007 :  7:20:55 PM  Show Profile
And here I've been wishing for some snow... I've just found happiness in the warm drizzle. And, seriously, I hope you all make out okay in CO--I know it must be a grind, especially with the animals.

Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2007 :  04:14:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh Girls, I have been thinking of you! Be safe!
XO
Bonnie

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Ding! Ding! Round 3 !! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page