Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2007 :  09:38:13 AM  Show Profile
Just got back from the thrift store so posted pictures of what I got today. It was a very good day!!
Still like spring here, 55 and rain. I live near Buffalo, we are usually under the white stuff by now. I took a steak out of the freezer and will cook it on the grill later. Not sure what God has in mind, he seems to be trying something new.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

FarmGirl~K
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Kelly
TX
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2007 :  10:32:07 AM  Show Profile
Nice finds Nancy Jo. The lamp is so pretty. It reminds me of my dad. He sells all kinds of antiques & other things on ebay. He always has sold them even before ebay so we always had things like this around. Enjoy looking through your books.

I found a good deal at Wally world this weekend. I was looking at all the yarn & found the cotton tots kind on sale. Usually it is @$4 for those tiny skeins. Well it was marked down to $3 then to $1.50. I bought all of it. 9 skeins of variegated pinks, & 9 skeins of baby yellow. Don;t you love finding a deal!

Live! Laugh! Love!
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2007 :  10:42:23 AM  Show Profile
Nice finds, Nancy. I do like the lamp. I went to the goody store, as my friend says, and found some napkins and small tablecloth that I am going to embroider and a little white wooden wagon. I will post them soon. I also got a pretty ring but the best thing is the lady put the ring in a beautiful tiny box and I do love boxes. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2007 :  10:44:11 AM  Show Profile
Fun fun fun, Nancy Jo!

And Kelly -- I love those kinds of finds -- and buy it all at that price!!

I was going stir-crazy yesterday, so trekked over to Goodwill, which is farther afield than my usual haunts. Felt like it wasn't worth the trip, mostly because I'm used to Salvation Army's cheap cheap cheap prices. But did find a slate plaque, etched with a santa and NOEL, which I can resell next Christmas season, a few Susan Branch vases -- very cute, 49 cents each -- which I will resell. Then, at the Catholic resale, I found four Crate & Barrel red heart dishes for a buck each (will resell), a lovely tin from Holland floral with my fav green background -- for my many many buttons -- and a tabletop ironing board which I got FREE because there was a huge burn mark on the cover! That's my favoritest find, since I hate to haul out the big ironing board when I'm sewing littles. And I can recover it, thanks to MaryJane's instructions in the book.

So now I really have the bug again! I think I'll find my way to Salvation Army, after first measuring out a garden which I have to design for spring -- it's 50 degrees here, and I think I should take advantage and get some of my measuring done!!
Go to Top of Page

verbina
True Blue Farmgirl

231 Posts

randi
n.j
USA
231 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2007 :  3:17:19 PM  Show Profile
hey nancy, you hit the jackpot! i think im goin to stop downsizing.lol randi
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2007 :  3:47:37 PM  Show Profile
I tried the down sizing thing a few years ago. But it wasn't me. I don't like clutter but I do like all my things. Its a matter of finding a place for everything. I pass up a lot of things I would like to have for lack of room.
Marybeth and katie, sounds like you found some good stuff too. Its just so much fun to find things for a little bit of money.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2007 :  3:56:20 PM  Show Profile
Mary Beth -- I smiled when I saw you loved the little box the ring was put in -- that's me, too! I love boxes and love to use them to organize my wonderful stuff -- so in a little box like you got might be stored baby buttons or colorful gold star stickers or maybe some vintage beads. Then I have to make a pretty tag to hang out from the box so I know what's in the box without opening it. Altho opening a box is a favorite thing to do as well!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic THRIFT STORE FINDS Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page