farmkitty
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Angela
Anderson South Carolina
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  4:40:40 PM  Show Profile
Just wanted to share with ya'll my new treat---Amy Butler's book "In Stitches". I had been looking at it on line before Christmas and found it in Books a Million this past weekend.

It is such a cute book...beautiful photos and the best...the patterns are included! For me (who needs a pattern) it's perfect. A little repeatative but a great book all in all.

One of the projects I am hoping to tackle(after quilt class this month) is the Patchwork Throw. Interestingly she uses heavier home decor fabrics in it!! How do yall think that will work ?

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  4:51:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi Angela:

I love Amy Butler fabrics and projects. Made my daughter a nice pocketbook a year or so ago and have another pattern to make a different one soon.

I think the home dec fabrics will be nice. Maybe you would not use batting in the quilt then. We make some nice ones with heavy flannel and omit the batting. Makes for a perfect weight throw on the couch. You still quilt it an all, it is nice.

Show us some pictures when you make something!

Sheryl-lyn
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  4:51:39 PM  Show Profile
That sounds like a cute book. Good luck on the quilt. I love books like that. pinkroses
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2007 :  08:38:38 AM  Show Profile
Love this book!! I own it. I have my head set on trying those boxes for the office when i get back fro mvacation. Love her fabrics. Enjoy the phots as well.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

pielady
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Pam
IL
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  12:23:26 PM  Show Profile  Send pielady a Yahoo! Message
If you like Amy Butler fabric design, you will love Kaffe Fassett fabrics and books. Look at the book Glorious Color, it makes me drool, well almost...
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Amy Butler book Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page