Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 free to good home - quilt squares
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic free to good home - quilt squares Next Topic
Page: of 2

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2007 :  3:57:55 PM  Show Profile
Oooooh! Bramble, you lucky girl! Enjoy!!!
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2007 :  4:24:31 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Bramble. I hope you'll post a picture of the finished project(s) with us.

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2007 :  7:13:25 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Bramble!! I know you will make something fabulous with them!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Terre
True Blue Farmgirl

97 Posts

Indiana
USA
97 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2007 :  7:43:42 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations Bramble! Have lots of fun!

Be true in heart.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2007 :  8:32:41 PM  Show Profile
Yay Bramble!!! Couldn't happen to someone nicer!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2007 :  08:27:27 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Bramble. Please show us a picture when you are finished making something with them.

Sorry I missed the whole thing. This what I get for not checking the computer in days. :-) But, at least I can see what Bramble makes when she posts a picture. (hint, hint)

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2007 :  8:18:12 PM  Show Profile
This is the first chance I got to check my email today and what a wonderful surprise! This doesn't usually happen to me so I am just delighted! Thank you for offering such an amazing giveaway!
I have emailed you and hopefully will have figured out picture posting with my Christmas gift soon! I can't wait to see the squares and let all of you too! What am I going to do with them? Hmmm...won't know til I see them I suspect! Thanks again Sandy, you are most generous and a sweetie too!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2007 :  10:31:09 AM  Show Profile
congratulations Bramble!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2007 :  1:38:52 PM  Show Profile
Bramble - your quilt squares are on their way. Postage wasn't bad, so not to worry. I would be DELIGHTED to have a little something from you, but please know that it's not necessary or expected. I am happy that the little squares have a good home!

Thanks to all for participating! Who knows what goodies will surface next as I continue my 2007 reorganization plan!

I'd get a face lift - but then it wouldn't match my body!
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2007 :  10:06:09 PM  Show Profile
Sandy...when you finish your reorganizing, will you come to my house? Seems like the more I do, the bigger the mess I make in trying to purge and clean up my sewing room/office. I promise to take the crazillion Boyd's Bears off the guest bed so there's room for you and you'll have a private bath and whatever else will make you happy. Pretty please?
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  06:55:07 AM  Show Profile
I love squares...thank you for the offer. Put my name in as well. You're gonna bless one of us real good! Thank you! Susan
Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  08:00:18 AM  Show Profile
LOL, Ronna! I have my hands full here, but I'll pencil you in for, maybe, 2008 or 2009? I always cringe if anyone comes over in the midst of a reorganization....I keep explaining that it always looks worse before it looks better!

This morning, I am donating the furniture from an unused bedroom and turning that into my weaving "loom room". I've moved an antique quilt rack up there, found a wonderful faux-old sign that says, BE NICE OR LEAVE (had to have it, made me chuckle) and I want to refinish/repaint an my old highchair to hold some of my raggedy dolls. Once the snowball starts rolling, its hard to stop!

Sandy

Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  2:06:44 PM  Show Profile
Bramble, let me know if you have received the quilt squares. I mailed them last Monday, by Priority Mail, so if they have not arrived, I should begin checking on the package.

thanks, Sandy

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2007 :  9:33:45 PM  Show Profile
2008 or 09 will probably be just fine, Sandy. If I have this mess cleaned up, I'll likely have another one going. Is the highchair yours as in yours as a baby that you're refinishing? I have a very cool youth chair over at the storage that needs to find a spot in the guest room for a doll or teddy bear. It was so wonderful I had to buy it, of course. May end up at my daughters house, but I'd like it to stay here awhile first. She'll end up with all of it anyway.
I'll pencil you on my calendar for a year or two from now, okay?
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2007 :  07:21:53 AM  Show Profile
Yes, it was my high chair and then I used it for my son when he was little. It might have to wait a while for the refinishing/painting. I have to do it outside in the garage and it's only 11 degrees here this morning!

Have you noticed that as we get older, our children start buying our holiday gifts based on what THEY like....assuming as you said, they will end up with it all anyway? ;-D

Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2007 :  08:48:11 AM  Show Profile
I know I bought my mother jewelry I wanted to inherit the last 10 years or so and was open and honest about it. Years back, I always left the tags and receipt with gifts, knowing they would be returned. Decided to start buying her good earrings and she loved them and I love them too! When my sister informed me Mother had told her she could have anything with diamonds, I told her the jewelry I had bought were coming back to me; end of discussion. She got the big flashy diamond cocktail ring she wanted....and that was fine with me.
Yes, my kids do tend to buy me gifts they like, so the tradition continues.
How wonderful to have the family heirloom high chair! I have to buy other peoples heirlooms, which to me is like rescuing them. I do have a hundred year old german porcelain doll that was given to me about 55 years ago by one of mother's friends...she had no children and her brother had only sons. She still has her original clothes and I bought her an antique wicker buggy a couple years ago.
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2007 :  11:11:19 AM  Show Profile
If anybody can make a masterpiece out of pieces, Bramble's our girl! congrats and show pics when you are finished. Nance
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2007 :  3:58:21 PM  Show Profile
OH Sandy! I thought I was going to cry today when I received your package of quilt squares. You never said what beautiful fabrics and colors you used! It is so "me" I can't tell you! My husband saw them sitting out and asked "When did you make them?" He thought they looked like something I would make too! When I told him I won them from Sandy at MJF he smiled and said "I guess you have told them what you like too?!!!" with an amused smile on his face. As soon as I can post pics I will share them with all of you. Thank you so very much Sandy...I truly love them! And I will promise to do something really special with them!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2007 :  4:17:58 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Bramble! I'm so happy for you. This is such a wonderful,exciting prize!! I can't wait to see what you will do with them. Enjoy!

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2007 :  02:33:45 AM  Show Profile
Way to go Bramble! yes you must show us the results!

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2007 :  07:29:17 AM  Show Profile
You're more than welcome, Bramble! It's nice to know that there is someone else out there who likes the same things I do!

Sandy

I'm heading south for the winter. Some parts of my body already have a head start!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic free to good home - quilt squares Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page