Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Tea Next Topic
Page: of 2

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  5:25:44 PM  Show Profile
Is there any tea drinkers here? I have some tea I would like to bless someone with. I have plenty for a couple people.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  6:40:00 PM  Show Profile
I love love love tea!!

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
blogs: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
http://frugalwitch.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  6:48:07 PM  Show Profile
we absolutely love tea here. In fact my husband requested that I get him tea for Christmas..tea and chocolate..ha. Can't have too much of either of those things, and coffee too..umm yumm.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  6:54:36 PM  Show Profile
My girls and I actually try to sit down every afternoon (when possible) and have a cup of tea. Do you have enough to go around? Susan
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  04:30:20 AM  Show Profile
HI ,
Yes I will drop some in the mail to you all. mommom I need your address can you e mail it to me? I still have some to give away if anyone else wants it.
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  06:15:55 AM  Show Profile
I was hoping you would say that Elizabeth! I love tea too!
Thank you so much for offering, you ARE a blessing!
XO
Bonnie

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  07:05:32 AM  Show Profile
Hi Elizabeth,

I'd be interested, if you have any tea left! What a neat idea!

Jo

"There are no strangers here, only friends you've yet to meet."
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  07:23:19 AM  Show Profile
Jo I need your address. Bonnie I will put you some in with this other thing I have for you. Is there anyone else?
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  08:10:09 AM  Show Profile
I absolutely love tea (am not a coffee drinker at all), but you don't need to send me any -- I'm just chiming in because I love to chat :). On the topic of tea, do any of you have any favorites?

I love all flavors, etc., but one of my special treats for myself is to have a cup of hot Earl Gray tea with Girl Scout mint cookies. Mmmmmm . . . makes me wish I had some of those cookies right now!

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

http://happymama58.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  12:22:50 PM  Show Profile
Im a teaaholic lol
I have one cupboard full of tea, it falls out when ya open it, my DH thinks I have a tea problem LOL
shirley
Go to Top of Page

Sweet Harvest Homestead
True Blue Farmgirl

279 Posts

Lindy
Stanfield NC
USA
279 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  12:40:45 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth,
We have the best time having afternoon tea here at our house!
(No need to send any my way, just wanted to chat about it.)
Have you ever seen the Tea Time Magazine put out by Hoffman Publications? They also put out Southern Lady Magazine.
My children all have their own teapots and cups. I try to make it fancy by putting out our napkins and a three tired plate holder with some cookies and little sandwiches. It is so fun! You can make a simple cream cheese and cucumber sandwich look so fancy to kids by just adding a drop of food coloring to the cream cheese. When you spread it on white bread it looks like a rainbow.
A couple of weeks ago while we were in a hotel having breakfast. The sweet lady who was attending to the breakfast buffet struck up a conversation with our children and my 5 year old started asking her about her tea selection. She told him what she had and he asked if she had any Prince Of Wales Tea. She thought it was neat that a little child, much less a boy knew about such things.
I have gone on too long about this but it is one of my favorite subjects!
I wish you all lived near me so that we could all could take tea together.
Lindy

www.sweetharvesthomestead.typepad.com

Edited by - Sweet Harvest Homestead on Jan 03 2007 12:46:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  12:41:14 PM  Show Profile
I love orange flavored teas if we are talking favorites, the mandarin orange from celestial seasonings is very good with just a touch of orange blossom honey..umm heaven!
then I like the Raspberyy Zinger, then there is a type put out by Numi tea called Mate' Lemon..oooh yummy.
Currently have been drinking a kind of oolong black and pomegrante tea that can be added to bottled water from GSC gourmet...gee..I guess you could say..we are addicted..ha.

Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  12:43:43 PM  Show Profile
Lindy, if you lived nearby I'd be over in a jiffy to have tea with you and your girls! Sounds like so much fun. I think I shall begin a tradition like that with my kids.:0)

Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  4:14:49 PM  Show Profile
OH yes I get all of Hoffmans magazines and I ordered all thier cookbooks too. I love them. :)
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  6:12:39 PM  Show Profile
My 2 friends take me out for my birthday (which was Dec 10) to a tea house, wow this time they took me to Seattle and we had the deluxe one, little sandwiches( no crust) ,cookies, dessert,fruit, sherbert,and of course the big pot of tea EACH. they had lots of different tea to choice from
OH OH and we had Bellini to drink before the rest of the things came
It was so special and fun.
shirley
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  09:31:34 AM  Show Profile
Hello, girlfriends. You are such a sweet person, Elizabeth. No need to send me any tea, either, just wanted to chime in, too. I like some of the Tazo brand teas.....farm gal Katie-ell introduced me to them in a swap! And those chai teas, too. Hubby and I have our tea ritual every afternoon, too. He drinks tea in the mornings, too, but I gotta have my java at breakfast. Have a great day, everyone. Nance
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  12:01:29 PM  Show Profile
Elisabeth you are so awesome!!! I swear it.....

I had posted a few months ago about having a tea time over the phone...maybe this is our opportunity, a conference call tea time when we all get Elisabeth's tea!! Whattaya think?

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2007 :  11:44:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi Elizabeth, just wanted to send a big thank you for the package of tea - can't wait to try to gingerbread tea and peppermint teas, along with the others!

I received three packages in the mail from farmgirls today; I think the postman thinks it must be my birthday!

Thanks, everyone!

Jo

"There are no strangers here, only friends you've yet to meet."
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2007 :  9:35:43 PM  Show Profile
thank you Elizabeth! recieved the tea today. you are a real sweety.
Already enjoyed a cup this afternoon..thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2007 :  10:50:28 PM  Show Profile
My favorite tea is Irish Breakfast - I love those strong UK/Irish teas... (Just chiming in with my tea favorites, no need to send me any tea, Elizabeth, although we do appreciate the offer!)

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  11:48:40 AM  Show Profile
Thank you, Elizabeth, for your generousity! I received my tea package today, I am excited to try them all!
XO,
Bonnie

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  1:50:07 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth! thank you! Oh my goodness you are generous! Grace is very excited, as she likes to hasve tea with me, so it's a RAOK for us both!! And the little note paper that you wrote on, oh too cute!

Tasha-Rose
http://tasharose365.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2007 :  3:14:15 PM  Show Profile
TEA!!! No -- don't send any, sweet farmgirl, I have plenty. But oh yes. Tea is nature's way of saying howdy, nice having you.

I keep a plain white teapot in my office, and my old Beatrix Potter bunny mug (very grounding and comforting). I make Earl Grey tea (loose leaves, of course) and whatever else grabs my fancy from time to time, always sweetened with a little honey. At home, I like to drag out the Wedgwood "Wild Strawberries" china, of which I have just enough pieces (including the wonderful teapot) to have a few grilfriends over to play grownups. I use vintage white cotton napkins with white cutwork on them that are so soft from years of washing that they're almost like silk. They're a joy to iron.

Ah, but the main reason I'm adding to this thread is that my husband found the most wonderful Web site for Russian products, including a lovely basic Indian tea. Everything on this site is incredibly cheap, even with the shipping. Yesterday, we ordered some cherry preserves of the kind the Russians use to sweeted their tea, which they serve in glasses. Or at least that's how it used to be. Maybe that's considered horribly old-fashioned over there now, but do we care? Ha!

They also have preserved cherries (they call them Cherry Compote), three different varieties, that unlike ours in the US are not floating in garbage syrup and actually taste like real cherries. The big jars they come in are wonderful. The cherry stones are still in, but that's part of the fun of eating them.

The tea -- Remember tea? We were talking about tea -- is soft and fresh, really nice.

I love that the labels are all in Russian. My husband reads them to me, and it sounds like what I call "Pillow Pushkin." (Russian can be a verrrrry romantic language.) Anyway, check it out and see what you think. (Click on the American flag at the very top of the page for a rough translation of everything.)

http://www.russiantable.com

Enjoy!

Edited by - Rosemary on Jan 09 2007 3:17:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  10:01:29 AM  Show Profile
Rosemary, I loved your post. Wasn't it Samuel Johnson who said "I am glad I was not born before tea"? What a genteel tea ritual, and those napkins sound wonderful. Thanks also for the neat website to check out: Nance
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  10:17:49 AM  Show Profile
Rosemary/Virginia..I knew a Russian lady growing up, and in fact have a Russian Spice rack, bowl and spoons, really love their colorful lacquer ware.
My Russian friend is actually a professor of Russian language at the University in Tampa, FL. She used to be a tv show hostess in Russia/Leningrad for a show very much similar to our Sesame Street, she used to be a story teller/puppeteer way back when...and has written several of her own Russian Fairy Tales stories. Anyhow..when you mentioned the Russian items I perked up. Saved the site to my favourites. May have to get some of the chocolates.

Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  07:29:42 AM  Show Profile
Tina Michelle, let m know if you order the chocolates and if you like them. We get our chocolate from Belgium, and I imagine it would be pretty hard to beat, but I'm always up for surprises!

I'm Rosemary. Virginia is where I live. A little confusing, innit?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Tea Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page