Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Planting bulbs Dec 30th Next Topic  

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  1:16:35 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello To All!!! Here in Southeastern Wisconsin we have NO SNOW and warm rainy weather. I spent 3 hours on sunny Saturday Dec 30th in sweatpants and t-shirt planting about 300 bulbs that my BIL had sent me just to get rid of them. It was a fabulous day and then on the 31st it rain a steady rain all day and since it has been sunny and 40+. Can't believe it is winter but I am excited to see the flowers this next spring. It was so much fun to be digging in Decemember.

Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  09:04:13 AM  Show Profile
I am soooo jealous!! I've got snow and ice although it's been in the low 40's so things are melting, but no planting for me till Spring and who knows when that will get here!
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  09:13:30 AM  Show Profile
I just found a bag of 25 Heritage Daffodils (?) that I missed. They have been out in my potting soil container (again (?) and I am bringing them in to force since we have only had a small amount of really cold weather. They have firm sprouts and appear viable, so why not? I can't wait for Spring but I would like one good snow storm! We are just wearing heavy sweaters or Fall jackets, it hasn't been cold enough for winter coats! Just bizarre! But of course there "is no global warming"... Give me strength to survive the idiots and patience to work on the solution!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  11:36:39 AM  Show Profile
Betty Jo -- I had about 150 bulbs still to plant, and was able to plant them on Dec 29 here in Chicago area! I was happy to get them in the ground, but feel uneasy about this weather -- it's just too darned mild out for a midwest winter.

Bramble -- ditto! If this isn't global warming, I'll be a monkey's aunt!
Go to Top of Page

Nicie
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Denise
Lincoln NE
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  11:58:13 AM  Show Profile
I read an article this morning saying that with mild winters comes more weeds especially poison ivy.

Denise
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2007 :  08:39:43 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Well today we have finnaly dropped to the 30s after a week of 40s&50s. I wish we had some snow!!!!! I can't remember ever having this much warm weather and lack of snow. Everyone is still riding their motorcycles! Bad for my DH's storage business but good for the service end. Seems everyone is in need of service year round the past number of years. Maybe it has something to do with all the hairspray and areosals we used in the 50-80's.

3 Blue Start Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2007 :  2:16:42 PM  Show Profile
I've been wondering if I could still plant mine, I've only got about 50 that I didn't get in the ground in October. You've inspired me! It's almost dark now but tomorrow's another day!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Planting bulbs Dec 30th Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page