Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Swap Update Next Topic  

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  08:30:49 AM  Show Profile
Ok ladies the New Year is here and we are two weeks away from deadline. Has everyone either sent your apron or made arrangements with your partner? Angela and Aunt Jenny did you 2 get my e mail?
Have fun and Happy sewing.
HUgs,
Elizabeth

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  4:39:56 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I sent off the apron to my partner, bybiddie, last week. Clare

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  6:41:03 PM  Show Profile
my partner and I have been in contact. hers is almost done, set aside with the holidays and whatnot, but almost done....

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
blogs: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
http://frugalwitch.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  7:03:48 PM  Show Profile
I am working on Angelas!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

faithymom
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Faith
Sandpoint ID
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  8:38:59 PM  Show Profile
I'm trying to contact my partner, but haven't had a response...how long should I wait?
I don't suppose you had any late requests..or know anyone who'd like to swap w/me?

Aunt Jenny, I just looked at your etsy site and those dish soap aprons are SO cute!!!

"All television is educational television. The only question is, what is it teaching?"-Fmr. FCC Commissioner Nicholas Johnson
Go to Top of Page

babs
True Blue Farmgirl

226 Posts

Babette
MN
USA
226 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  9:35:50 PM  Show Profile
I finally got the nerve to cut my pattern and then promptly spilled fragrance oil on it.
It's dry now after many blottings, but smells like an over exhuberant drawer sachet mishap.

I'll be cutting and hopefully sewing on it this week. Now I have to go find my iron.. lol

Babs :)
Go to Top of Page

farmkitty
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Angela
Anderson South Carolina
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  03:52:51 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jenny!! Happily stitching your apron up!! Love, Angela
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  04:32:03 AM  Show Profile
Faith,
Who is your partner? I will contact her for you.
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

faithymom
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Faith
Sandpoint ID
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  12:03:20 PM  Show Profile
jellyq...I have sent out two e-mails and a IM without response, but I just sent the IM yesterday...

Thanks!
Faith

"All television is educational television. The only question is, what is it teaching?"-Fmr. FCC Commissioner Nicholas Johnson
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  12:45:33 PM  Show Profile
Faith,
Email me your address and I will swap with you. I have one I can drop in the mail tomorrow. I don't want anyone to get mad a me but this is why I was ? about new people joining swaps. This is the 3 rd new person in this swap that hasn't followed through.It relly isn't fair. It seems the people who have been around a while follow through so much better.Ok off my soap box. LOL
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  1:06:58 PM  Show Profile
understand the feeling Elizabeth..I had that happen to me shortly after joining the site..the excuse was the classic "the dog used it for a chew toy".LOL anyhow..there are going to be a few instances like that go on from time to time unfortunately... because this is quite a large community/forum.Some of what the site will attract won't always be "true blue farmgals" sad to say..but true.

Perhaps there could be a stipulation made in some of the larger item swaps (aprons, etc.) in that the swap partners must have been "active" members of the website for at least 3 months.(not just the "hi, I'm here" sort of thing..but actively involved in conversations and input on the site)

my input for what it's worth and not to cause bad feelings, but perhaps a solution to the cases like that?hostesses can make stipulations like that to hopefully prevent any further problems?

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  1:20:50 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Tina, I have the crud and I feel so bad today. I just get tired of people being so mean and rude. I am going to start have strict rules on the swaps I host for now on. When I say new I mean like 1-5 post. They all have let me down. You aren't new.LOL I am sending your tea out tomorrow. DH goes to the PO for me once a week. This week I have 10 packages for him to take. LOL
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

newheart
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Margie
Owings Mills Maryland
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  2:11:32 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, I hope you are getting better... Drink some of your Tea with Honey, it is so soothing...

I am finishings up my apron for my pal, but I have to go back , No I found her name on this piled up trash heap of a desk.....Usually I am neat as a pin (except here....)

Hope you are better.....margie

Love of friends and family makes the world go round..and always a little Chocolate.

margie

Edited by - newheart on Jan 04 2007 08:25:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

bybiddie
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

susan
upstate ny
USA
267 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  2:15:56 PM  Show Profile
My apron partner, Clare, is sooooo way ahead of me! But her's is cut out and I will be a'sewin on it this week. I hope it have it in the mail by next week!

susan

Lovin' my life
http://BizzyHands.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  4:37:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi, bybiddie. I got the apron and the package. It is truly beautiful. I lvoe the heart applique o nthe bib and the purple pompom trim is just such a nice touch. Thank you so much. Promise to get a note out by snail mail to you, but I wanted to let you know on the site. Thank you so very much.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  5:29:12 PM  Show Profile
Mine is almost ready to go out. I can tell you jellyq has been pretty ill lately and her son just left for Iraq this morning. I will see her this weekend and will prod her along!!

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  5:38:27 PM  Show Profile
Oh, poor dear....hey Karin, give her a hug for me and tell her my prayers are with her. I have a son who was in the Air Force but was discharged right before 911 happened. Would you tell her that I would be glad to step in for her if she is too ill. I really didn't mean to hurt her feelings or anything by offering to step in and help.

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
Thanks for checking out my apron and sewing musings!
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  7:24:21 PM  Show Profile
That is ok. I have already replaced Jellyq. Thanks for information. It is helpful if someone tells us these things. Communication is the key. People can;t read minds. I have a chronic illness and if I have commitments when I am in a flare up I try and contact people and tell them what is going on. That is just me. Faith already has another partner. so Karin let jellyq know that we don't need her to worry about the swap.
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

vintagechica
True Blue Farmgirl

438 Posts

Eren
Poolville TX
USA
438 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  8:26:43 PM  Show Profile
Margie, your apron is in the mail!!! I hope you like it.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A sure way to avoid housework...live outdoors.

www.vintagechica.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

Celticheart
True Blue Farmgirl

811 Posts

Marcia
WA
USA
811 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2007 :  8:14:29 PM  Show Profile
Sharon(sleeplessreader) your apron has arrived! We came home from the US Figure Skating Championships in Spokane today and I had a package waiting. Thank you! I love, love, love red. It's perfect. And so was the skating, by the way.

Marcia

"I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidence of the determination to live." Vita Sackville-West

Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2007 :  6:39:40 PM  Show Profile
Karin,
I'm so glad you haven't sent yours yet either - I was starting to stress out that I hadn't finished yet! I'm working on it - going through a few changes in my house at the moment and am really busy with it, but it will be with you soon!
Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2007 :  05:48:17 AM  Show Profile
Don't worry my friend! I am tucking in a few other goodies for you as well. :) My box should go out by Friday at the latest. I am so bad about keeping deadlines.:(

Karin
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2007 :  5:56:13 PM  Show Profile
I'm mailing mine this week!

The Rustic Cottage Etsy Shop http://therusticcottage.etsy.com
Picture A Day Blog http://rcpicaday.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

tziporra
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Robin
Seattle WA
USA
234 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2007 :  09:53:15 AM  Show Profile
YAY! I'm so looking forward to receiving it Kay :) And I'm happy you liked the colors on yours!!!!

Best,

Robin
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Swap Update Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page