Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What goes around.... Next Topic  

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  7:38:54 PM  Show Profile
...comes around. Our New Year has started in such a lovely way. This evening we had dinner with a young woman who our entire family has grown to love. My son met Kay through mutual friends when she was just 13. She had serious family problems and no one to really look out for her, so he invited her to our youth group. He told me "She needs help Mom, and I don't know what to do. If I get her there will you help me help her?" Silly boy (and his Momma) had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. Well, from the first night I met Kay I felt such a bond with her, and knew I was called to love her. So many times loving her broke my heart. There were many times I wasn't sure Kay would live to be an adult.

We don't always get the chance to see the results of something we have poured ourselves into. But tonight seeing this lovely young woman, now 18, a college student, beautiful, happy, bubbling over with excitement. I always told her that one day her situation would change, and she would be on her own to live her life, and that it would be better. I knew she would be alright if she could just make it to this point. I am rejoicing tonight to see her as she is today!

I see so many kids who are lost or forgotten. I encourage each one of you to find one kid that you feel drawn to and just love them. Blessing them will bless you, more than you can imagine.

Thanks for indulging me farmgirls. My heart is full to bursting tonight.
Blessings,
Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  8:02:44 PM  Show Profile
How fortunate for the young lady and how fortunate for your family to be there for her. Blessings all around. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  9:50:58 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful story..and an inspiration for us all..thanks so much for sharing!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  02:37:40 AM  Show Profile
Rhonda, that is beautiful...and a good reminder to keep our eyes open to those around us. And what wonderful boys you are raising that they were aware something needed to be done!
XO
Bonnie

O, Come let us adore HIM! www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  06:28:04 AM  Show Profile
Rhonda- Kay is very fortunate to have become a part of your life. I agree with Bonnie- you have raised a fabulous young man.

Karin
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  07:57:34 AM  Show Profile
Rhonda, What a wonderful thing, for you to be used... and then to see such good come from it. Kay really is blessed--and I know you are, as well. It can be such an adventure to see what the Lord will do!

Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  11:03:13 AM  Show Profile
Rhonda,

How beautiful. And your son learned from you to try and help others. You must be very proud of him, and of Kay. You're right to remind us that we should look out for those that may need our help.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

Kelly43
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

NJ
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  4:24:14 PM  Show Profile
Rhonda, your story warmed my heart. Thank you so much for sharing!
Kel
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  9:33:33 PM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone for indulging me... I hope I didn't sound like I was "tootin' my own horn". I was just really feeling grateful for being allowed to see Kay grown into such a lovely young woman. Believe me there were times I was impatient or angry with her... just like my own kids. There were times when I wanted to throw up my hands and quit. There were times I wondered if I was making any difference. Loving is difficult and risky isn't it?

My son...he amazes me. At 20, he is a much better person than I will probably ever be. I think of all my mistakes over the years, but also all my prayers for my boys to be resilient, and grow to be men of God in spite of me. God must be listening.

I'm happy this was encouraging.
Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic What goes around.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page