Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Artist Trading Cards
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Artist Trading Cards Next Topic  

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2006 :  07:50:38 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone here make ATC's? I love to make them and would love to find some kindred spirits to trade them with.
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2006 :  08:14:18 AM  Show Profile
What are they?
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2006 :  08:21:45 AM  Show Profile
Well, Nancy, think of them as baseball cards for the artist. They are called artist trading cards - ATC. They are the size of baseball cards, can be made of any medium - paper, fabric, mixed media - and they are to be traded only, never sold. Some groups establish themes for specific trades and others do as they wish.

Google "artist trading cards" and I'm sure you will come up with some images to give you a visual reference.

I've not participated in many trades, only because time hasn't allowed. They are fun, little works of art that fit into the pages of baseball card holders.

I don't iron anymore. If I'm not wrinkle-free, why should my clothes be?
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2006 :  08:47:36 AM  Show Profile
Hi Nancy,
You love collages I know you would love doing these. Chexk out www.orientaltrading.com That is where I got my base cards and stamp to do the back there really cheap. Then on the front you do a collage of ephemera and other materials. They are 2 1/2 x 3 1/2. I reade with 4 other ladies right now. I just made my Valentine ones. Check out this site they have some really neat ones. http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/pg.asp?cmd=dosearch&gallery=3&search_sql=+where+l%2Eprivate%5Flayout%3D0+and+title+like+%27%25artist+trading+cards%25%27&pg=1
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Edited by - candismom on Dec 31 2006 08:56:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2006 :  10:17:07 AM  Show Profile
Thanks girls, looks like my kind of thing!! Like I need more projects, but sure better then being bored, can't think that will be one of my problems with all the ideas I get from this site.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2006 :  12:22:11 PM  Show Profile
are they like altered cards? if so, I just picked up a big bag of playing cards at the junk market that I am dying to change....so I guess I am in...

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose
blogs: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
http://frugalwitch.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2006 :  12:39:57 PM  Show Profile
Yes Tasha You can use them. I would be happy to trade with you. Just let me know when you are ready.
Hugs,
Elziabeth
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2006 :  12:49:29 PM  Show Profile
if you get a huge turnout for interest, would you want all of the cards to be the same piece of art? cause I like doing the cards each differently.

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2006 :  12:59:00 PM  Show Profile
Tasha,
I wasn't going to do a group swap I was just looking for people who wanted to trade one on one with me.
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2006 :  1:02:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness - there are always so many things to get involved with. These are cool! I just want to know what kind of time management techniques you girls have.
Ann
http:annforrester.tohe.com
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2006 :  1:06:48 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, I would love to trade one with you....

Ann...I have a notebook, my home book I call it, and I keep a list of all of my swaps and exchanges and trades etc. in it. handy reference.

Tasha-Rose
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  10:28:36 AM  Show Profile
we have made them before here(me and my daughter) they are alot of fun.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  2:28:40 PM  Show Profile
I trade ATCs with my two sisters -- we take turns assigning a theme and each of us makes three cards (identical as possible), sending one to each sister and keeping one for ourselves. Our first theme was 'Wings', the second 'Music', and the third is 'Attic'. Right now I owe my two sisters the 'Attic' ATC and I'm really really really late! As soon as our college son goes back to school I can reclaim my crafting space (aka his room) and get those cards done. It's all designed in my head (ha!)

ATCs are a great way to stretch your creative wings. Because it is so small, it can be done quite intricately or simply and be just as wonderful. Nancy Jo, you really should try it out!
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  3:10:22 PM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
what are the actual diminsions of these and are they flat or 3d are they on fabric or paper or either

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe my blog http://sunshinescreations.blogspot.com
my web stores www.sunshines.etsy.com and http://vintagethreads.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  3:48:50 PM  Show Profile
Do any of you use the timtex interfacing as a base? What does stamping them on the back mean? I'm interested, I just have not started this area of creativity yet. I have heard of using old playing cards for a base, but I did not know you do anything on the back. Is it pretty much flat or could you use a button or charm on it?

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  6:43:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi,
They are 2 1/2 x 3 1/2. Always on cardstock. I buy blank cards and I got the stamp at www.orientaltrading.com You stamp on the back to put your personal information. Look at the link to see what I am talking about. You can use anything on them. I use paper cutouts,stickers, charms ,buttons and anything esle I find. I posted a few on my blog www.athomewithelizabeth.blogspot.com and some are at the above link. If you have any more questions let me know.
Hugs,
Elziabeth
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2007 :  9:44:08 PM  Show Profile
I make my own cards -- there's a template online somewhere that I use, and I like to make the card out of a thin cardboard that is slightly heavier than cardstock because then I can paint and glue and embellish and hang all kinds of stuff on it. It's worked well for me. Oh, and I like to make a little box or holder for the card, to make it a little extra special.

Edited by - katie-ell on Jan 01 2007 9:44:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  3:57:33 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I went to the oriental trading site, but I did not know how to FIND those items under their listings. Scrapbooking? Crafts? What are they called when you go to there?

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  4:35:42 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I typed in "artist trading card supplies" and it came up. I ordered all those things: blank cards, the rubber stamp and envelopes. Cheap, too. Oh, I am so set on trying this out. Perhaps we could set up a swap on the board. I would be willing to do a Valentine's theme or spring theme swap with 10-15 ladies. Anybody interested? If, so, I will set up a spot on the this site later this week.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  09:13:25 AM  Show Profile
I've traded ATC's in the past and wouldn't mind doing a trade with some of you.

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

candismom
True Blue Farmgirl

560 Posts

Elizabeth

560 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  10:18:55 AM  Show Profile
Clare,
I can't do it for Valentines but if you do an Easter Swap for 10 I would like to join in.
Hugs,
Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  11:29:57 AM  Show Profile
Another site to check is www.art-e-zine.co.uk/newstuff.html
You can find altered books, artists cards and some other amazing stuff! All you quilters, look at the crazy quilting too!

with a happy heart

Edited by - bramble on Jan 03 2007 11:34:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2007 :  08:46:28 AM  Show Profile
OK. Let's think Easter time for the swap. I am going off for two weeks for a vacation anyway and will set it up when i return. I can try my hand at figuring out the collage thing with the cards before attempting for the swap.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Artist Trading Cards Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page