shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2006 :  08:35:42 AM  Show Profile
I just signed up for the sock exchange and wanted to say hello to everyone. I'm fairly new to the forum as well as to knitting. I took a class and learned to knit a felted bag and have been going ever since. So addicitve. I'm doing a scarf now. I recently finished a sweater for my 3 year old which I loved until I sewed it together. Anyone have any finishing advice? I think I'll try some dishrags next! So glad that I found this! Happy New year to everyone.
-megan in ohio

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2006 :  09:11:32 AM  Show Profile
HI Meg and welcome! You will like it here lots of good people and fun stuff. I'm a beginning knitter too and not doing too well! I guess we all have room for improvement! Have fun with the swap!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2006 :  10:07:41 AM  Show Profile
Hi Megan!

I always tell new knitters two things:

1. www.knittinghelp.com - it's LOADED with easy-to-follow videos and instructions for help with EVERYTHING. Literally.

2. Stitch 'n B*tch by Debbie Stoller. It's got a bunch of cool patterns, but more importantly, it has really great descriptions and diagrams on how to do just about everything. I've been knitting for almost six years, but I still turn to it regularly for tips and reminders.

So glad that you joined the swap and that you're on the Forum! It's such a fun place, I know you'll love it. Happy knitting!!

Catherine (the one who's obsessed with all things knitting)

http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Knittymama
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Knittymama
Minneapolis MN
19 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2006 :  3:23:36 PM  Show Profile
Dishrags are great..perfect way to try out new stitch patterns without too much committment.

http://knittymama.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Woodswoman
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Jennifer
Altamont NY
USA
512 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2006 :  3:43:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi there!
I just learned how to knit this past fall. I also made a felted bag and scarves.
For my next project I made a baby blanket for a friend (whose baby is due Jan. 2nd!). It wasn't too hard, and it felt really good to give her something useful that I had made myself. I'm going to do one for a cousin of mine, next.
Jennifer
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic new to knitting Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page