ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2006 :  9:01:55 PM  Show Profile
It all started so innocently enough...for Christmas, my son gave me a Cuisinart Griddle to make pannini sandwiches, etc -- bless his heart!! My kitchen storage space is limited -- but my new toy needed a spot! That simple need snowballed into emptying out the pantry and cabinets, tossing the pantry staples that were "past their prime" and deciding which baking and cooking pans are really necessary. It's only the two of us, and all the children live out town, so no routine family dinners.

Not the way I planned to spend my day, but hey, I've got a cleaned-up kitchen, an organized pantry and a new cooking toy! Oh yes, and post-it notes on all the cabinets to remind me of where everything is now located! ;-}

I'm at that age where I need my own warning label!

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2006 :  9:12:18 PM  Show Profile
Yippee!! It sounds just like it was the needed thing to do. Something I should do, only you had some motivation. I need that big time. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2006 :  04:56:21 AM  Show Profile
I got a panini press too, and I'm looking forward to trying it! But I'm going to be a pig and put it on shelves in the laundry room with some other stuff I use rarely, like my bundt pan, French bread loaf pans, and some steamed pudding molds.

I do look forward to using it though. I love grilled veggie sandwiches with Italian seasonings on focaccia with provolone. Mmmmm!
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2006 :  05:00:08 AM  Show Profile
Sandy,
Organizing is never anything I "plan" to do either! LOL But it does feel good once it's done! Good for you!
Bonnie

O, Come let us adore HIM! www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2006 :  11:02:14 AM  Show Profile
Mary Ann - even the laundry room wasn't an option for storage. I have floor to ceiling shelves stocked with cones of cotton, wool and silk ready for my next weaving projects. The excess laundry baskets are filled with fiber ready for spinning (if I ever learn) or felting. When I say space is tight, I mean TIGHT!

This place is great, and would be perfect for someone who goes to work, comes home, reads a book and goes to bed. But that's not how farmgirls live, even farmgirl wanna-bes.

I'm at that age where I need my own warning label!
Go to Top of Page

gregs_lil_farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

219 Posts

birdi
hartford me
USA
219 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2006 :  5:19:42 PM  Show Profile  Send gregs_lil_farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
The same thing happened to me...unplanned organization. Hubby made me a giant spice rack for Christmas ans put it up...well, then I just HAD to organize all of the cupboards and drawers....Do you think there was some method to his madness too??? LOL Anyway..it looks awesome.

-Simple pleasures make my heart smile-
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic A simple plan... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page