Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Floral Fabric 10" Square swap SIGNUPS CLOSED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Floral Fabric 10" Square swap SIGNUPS CLOSED Next Topic
Page: of 12

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - May 16 2016 :  04:08:13 AM  Show Profile
ohhhh ok, got it, thanks Marilyn lol. I did address to Almond Ave. for the Walnut farmer in CA!
I know saram, I thought at one point I was going to have to move to Texas to join lol, glad to have you in the group :)

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Friends are sisters we choose with our heart.
Go to Top of Page

saram
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

Sara
Biggs CA
USA
521 Posts

Posted - May 16 2016 :  08:46:59 AM  Show Profile
Why, Marilyn, the fabrics are just an excuse for thinking about art and checking in with you girls!!

You go out and have a great day too!

Sara
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - May 16 2016 :  08:51:59 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
No problem, Marilyn. You are keeping us on our toes. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - May 16 2016 :  08:52:40 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I cut out my fabrics. Now to press and get into envelopes so they can go to the post office. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - May 16 2016 :  4:38:08 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I received Kathleen's fabrics today. Very nice.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 16 2016 :  7:00:42 PM  Show Profile
Sara I still love the mail art I received from you. It is still beautiful and amazing.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 16 2016 :  8:10:26 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Received Kathleen's pretty blocks today. Thank you.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Christy925
True Blue Farmgirl

476 Posts

Christy
Midland Michigan
USA
476 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  03:06:16 AM  Show Profile
Mailed part of mine yesterday, ran out of stamps. Tomorrow is another day:)

Farmgirl Sister #2315
http://www.etsy.com/shop/WildThymeCreations?ref=pr_shop
https://www.flickr.com/photos/marketwoman45/albums
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  04:11:59 AM  Show Profile
Mine were mailed on Monday.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Christy925
True Blue Farmgirl

476 Posts

Christy
Midland Michigan
USA
476 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  4:27:22 PM  Show Profile
Mailed out the rest of mine today. I'm so excited to start sewing something using the florals. I might put a solid with them and use these for the block of the month. Woo Hoo!

Farmgirl Sister #2315
http://www.etsy.com/shop/WildThymeCreations?ref=pr_shop
https://www.flickr.com/photos/marketwoman45/albums
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - May 18 2016 :  6:41:13 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Mailing everyone their fabric in the morning. What a great swap.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Marti732
True Blue Farmgirl

398 Posts

Marti
Breckenridge Michigan
USA
398 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  07:40:53 AM  Show Profile
my blocks will be mailed out on Monday, I THINK I have an idea of what I want to use all these florals for. so excited! I love this swap. Thanks Linda for hostessing!

Marti
Farmgirl #2684

Friends are sisters we choose with our heart.
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  09:03:41 AM  Show Profile
Mine are going out in the mail today. It was nice we had such a good turnout this time. we will actually make a full layer cake!!

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett
Beverley with an extra E...
https://sites.google.com/site/bevsdoggies/
http://bevsdoggies.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Liscuva
True Blue Farmgirl

289 Posts

Lisa
West Seneca NY
USA
289 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  09:35:05 AM  Show Profile
ok girls mine are mailed...they'll be the envelope with the heart on the back!
Also thank you Kathleen and Marilyn I rec'd both of yours:)
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  11:32:33 AM  Show Profile
I have always looked at layer cakes in the quilt shop but never bought one, until Missouri Star had one in pretty blues last week, half price. I have purchased charm packs.So when Linda and I were talking last year I asked what she thought about this kind of swap. Wow, it has turned out to be so much fun. I love getting the fabric envelopes in my mail box. In fact today I received Linda's squares.Thank all of you for loving fabrics too.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Liscuva
True Blue Farmgirl

289 Posts

Lisa
West Seneca NY
USA
289 Posts

Posted - May 19 2016 :  11:37:44 AM  Show Profile
I agree Marilyn, getting something nice in the mail (instead of bills) is wonderful...so glad I became a farmgirl!
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 20 2016 :  12:00:36 PM  Show Profile
Sara Marquez, I received your pretty floral fabrics today. I love them. Thank you.
Now, why aren't you designing fabrics for us to purchase???? That envelope is adorable. You are so creative!

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 20 2016 :  1:46:09 PM  Show Profile
Today I received fabric squares from Sara Marquez, Marilyn and Linda! Such a treat and such a variety! Thank you, Marilyn and Linda for having "that" conversation! It has certainly changed my year and my mail! ...and thank all 3 of you for the pretty possibilities!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - May 20 2016 :  5:05:54 PM  Show Profile
Yesterday I received fabric squares from Kathleen, Marilyn and one of the other Michigan girls. Beautiful fabrics! Thank You!

Today I received fabric from Linda and Sara. Lovely fabrics! Love the envelope Sara. Thank You Both!

This is going to be a great quilt top!! Can't wait to see all the other fabrics.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

Liscuva
True Blue Farmgirl

289 Posts

Lisa
West Seneca NY
USA
289 Posts

Posted - May 20 2016 :  6:02:06 PM  Show Profile
I rec'd fabric from Linda, Sara and someone in Michigan ( no return label)...thank you all:)
Go to Top of Page

SouthForty
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Doris
Dallas TX
USA
206 Posts

Posted - May 20 2016 :  8:21:52 PM  Show Profile
Hello Sisters,

So sorry for the lack of communication on my part lately. It's been a rough year and this past month has really been hard. For those of you who don't already know, my mother is on Hospice and my sister and I are caring for her for as long as possible in her home. Not to overshare here but she has a rare brain disorder (as best as the test can show before she passes) and her decline can take many paths. We are learning as we go and have found out jut how brutal the "system" can be. Little did we know, that taking exceptional care of her --i.e. no falls, no infections, and no bed sores-- actually has caused her to be disqualified for Hospice care. Basically, her body is not dying fast enough!! I say this not as excuse for being away but because I feel some of you out there may know about caring for elders and may have already ventured down this path. We are hoping that home health will pick her up and she will not lose access to the equipment and supplies that have become a part of our daily life. Okay, enough of that issue. . . let me say what I came on to say. . .

I have received three envelopes so far. Thank you to: Marilyn, Linda, & mystery sender from MI!!

My squares are all cut and every envelope is addressed, all ready to go in the a.m. I was worried about adequate postage so I was going to have them weighed just to be sure that I covered it but now I see two out of the three made it here with a single "forever" stamp. If that is typical then I probably have enough stamps already - but since it is now p.m. I'll go ahead and have them weighed tomorrow. This is my first fabric swap and I didn't want to screw it up!

Things are busy and I'm sure my family is tired of my calendar of deadlines for what they probably feel are silly projects. But having this outlet helps me focus on things a bit more pleasant than long term care and ever after plans! This forum and everything about MJF makes me happy! Thank you for having me in your groups and being virtual buddies!!

SouthForty, MJFG#3794

~*~ You can put your boots in the oven but that don't make 'em biscuits! ~*~
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 20 2016 :  8:45:32 PM  Show Profile
Doris, again I am sorry for your mom's declining health, and the struggles you are going through. My mother was on hospice in a nursing home for three days before she died. We had five years of issues prior to that. Be thankful that you have a sister to help. I fear for me when my own time comes. I did not have a daughter. My son checks when I am down, but that may not be the kind of care I need. His sweet wife has served her time with her own mom, and has no interest in more of the same.
We are glad you joined us on this swap. They have been a lot of fun. I have been using my squares to make kids quilt/blankets for Cook Children's. My 15 year old gd and her mom deliver them when she sees her team of doctors.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

Denise Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

831 Posts

Denise
Shoreview MN
USA
831 Posts

Posted - May 20 2016 :  8:55:24 PM  Show Profile
Doris,
So sorry to hear about your Mom. Its hard to navigate the system. Have the doctors said anything about palliative care? Similar to hospice, but geared more towards patients who are quite ready for hospice. Thats the best way I can describe it.
I'm glad your in this swap, they are fun and its nice to get mail that has fabric in it and what each person chooses. Its nice to get fun snail mail.

Denise Ann
Go to Top of Page

SouthForty
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Doris
Dallas TX
USA
206 Posts

Posted - May 20 2016 :  10:19:52 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Marilyn and Denise Ann. Indeed I am thankful for my sister and we cling to one another as we are a shrinking family. We try to stay focused and find joy each day even though we face the inevitable. Things are just a tad complicated because mom can be lucid one moment and then a raging lunatic the next. It hurts to even write that but it is the honest truth. The spiral of mental illness is surreal.

Bless you for your kindness and loving donations for the children. Hopefully you will remain active and in good health so that you never face the having to depend on your son and precious wife.

Keep that snail mail coming my way as well! It is such a thrill to get mail art and swaps in my box. I'm certain my maillady thinks I'm up to no good with all of the packages coming in and out of our small town post office. What's that old saying, "Let's give 'em something to talk about." =;) * wink-wink * =;)

SouthForty, MJFG#3794

~*~ You can put your boots in the oven but that don't make 'em biscuits! ~*~
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - May 21 2016 :  04:57:43 AM  Show Profile
Doris, it is tough when they switch personalities like that. My DIL and all of us have seen her mom in that state. After four years she said someone else could take a turn. Thankfully she has a sister here and two more up north. There came a point when I asked if my DIL realized what her mom's mental state was doing to their family. They were frequently told to get out of her house, which was theirs..screaming at my DIL for making noise as she prepared their evening meal. She accused them of stealing from her, because she misplaced everything. She did not know who her own daughter was. My son, working in his office one day was told, not too nicely, to get out of her house and take his friend too. He was the only one. After she was gone, my DIL said, What we are seeing is the mean woman I grew up with. For six months, after moving her, they took her out to lunch one day each week. No more, she becomes so confused it is best to take some lunch and attempt to visit with her at the sisters house. I am so thankful that my own mother's brain did not do that. However her second husband totally lost his. For a couple of years I had two to see about, until he went to visit his daughter and became very lost. I told my mother to give her a call, and let them look...It was time for his three kids to realize what I was dealing with. I continued to see about them, shop for food, etc. For them. Finally mother's doctor said nursing home: she went first...blaming me..He followed a couple of weeks later. He, of course had to wear a monitor, and be in the lock up area. During the day he roamed about, coming to see mother, etc. She died in October that year and by Christmas he did not know me at all. He died that spring. My mother was on home health until she entered the nursing home, which she enjoyed, because she found new friends. One day at a time, Lord Jesus, one day at a time. Some how he gives us the strength to do it.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 12 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Floral Fabric 10" Square swap SIGNUPS CLOSED Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page