Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 A little note that sits above my desk....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic A little note that sits above my desk.... Next Topic  

jo Thompson
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jo
the mountainside of the Chugach in Alaska
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2006 :  1:30:16 PM  Show Profile
Do not burn yourselves out..... Be as I am. A reluctant enthusiast and part-time crusader. A Half-hearted fanatic. Save the other half of yourselves for pleasure and adventure. It is not enough to fight for the west. It is even more important to enjoy it while you can, while it's still there. So get out there, hunt, fish, mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and explore the forests, encounter the griz, climb a mountain, bag the peaks, run the rivers, breathe deep of that yet sweet and elusive air. Sit quietly for a while and contemplate the precious stillness of the lovely, mysterious and awesome space. Enjoy yourselves. Keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to the body, the body active and alive. And I promise you this one sweet victory overy our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in safe deposit boxes and their eyes hypnotized by their desk calculators.

I promise you this.......... You will outlive the bastards.

Happy New Year from Alaska.......... jo

north to alaska.....

gregs_lil_farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

219 Posts

birdi
hartford me
USA
219 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2006 :  1:55:02 PM  Show Profile  Send gregs_lil_farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Oh my goodness, Jo...I absolutely agree with you!!! I am living my life, experiencing all that life has to offer, living and fullfilling my dreams...the adventure is certainly the journey. Thank you for sharing your thoughts...very beautiful and insightful.

-Simple pleasures make my heart smile-
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2006 :  2:46:54 PM  Show Profile
LOL!!! What a wonderful sentiment, Jo! Thankyou so much for passing on your wisdom; you have me grinning from ear to ear.
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2006 :  05:42:53 AM  Show Profile
Oh JO, I love it!! it made me laugh out loud. Happy New Year.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2006 :  06:17:17 AM  Show Profile
Perfect! What a good reminder!
Thanks Jo!
Happy New Year

O, Come let us adore HIM! www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2006 :  06:38:46 AM  Show Profile
I put this on my husband's truck visor last night! It is a sweet reminder and I think it suits him! Thanks Jo!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2006 :  09:15:44 AM  Show Profile
Great one Jo! Love the snow - we are still not dug out and more to come tonight. I thought I would share what is above my desk. I wished I could get a good picture of it but it is an old black and white. The picture was taken July 28 1917, It is of Mrs. Ed Wright, who is standing in Cheyenne Wyoming riding stadium. You have to close your eyes and picture a women in her mid twenty dressed in fringed chaps, hand sewn cotton shirt, silk scarf tied in a loopy bow around her cotton collar, leather worn out gloves with a heavy black felt hat in hand and knee high leather boots with big silver buckels keeping ankles straight and safe. She is standing with arms wide open and a smile that shows every tooth. A big silk bow is peaking out from behind her head of hair pulled back in a bun witha hair net keeping it out of her way. This is a women who is free, happy, living her dream and on top of the world - WHY? Mrs Ed Wright is on that day July 28, 1917 the WINNER of the World Championship of Lady Bronco Busting! What a women, for that was what she had been living her life for and now she had that moment of pure JOY! This was the happiest she had every been - the next day she was killed at Union Park in Denver Colorado while working around show. It reminds me everyday to live life to the fullest because none of us know what tomorrow brings. Some have said that it is a sad picture when they read the capture on the bottom, but that smile and joy in her eyes gives my heart such HOPE that keeps my eye on the prize no matter what is going on. Her open arms make me feel wraped in the huge hug from all those outstanding women who have come before me and I want to be that for others. Go out and make your dream come true today ladies!

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
htpp://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
htpp://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jo Thompson
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jo
the mountainside of the Chugach in Alaska
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2006 :  12:32:26 AM  Show Profile
Oh Grace, I love that, I can see her! I was a cowgirl in my teenage years, a feral child my husband calls it. I have a brazen attitude about life, it gets me in trouble sometimes, but it is a blessing........

by the way girls, Edward Abbey was the author of the above...... he was a crazy environmental activist with a heart of gold......

north to alaska.....
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2006 :  04:28:42 AM  Show Profile
Grace, i love that story too...hmmm...I think I need to make some changes...

O, Come let us adore HIM! www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic A little note that sits above my desk.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page