Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2006 :  07:45:20 AM  Show Profile
I got the French-inspired Home that Nancy Jo recommended. It is all that she said. And I can do some of the ideas right now. I also got a book called Pretty Little Things by Sally Jean Alexander That has cute boxes and ornaments to make. A little more of a challenge for me because most of the things require soldering, but she explains everything step-by-step. I am going to try. My mother did stained glass for a long time so we can do another mother/daughter bonding type thing (now?) and I will learn. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Edited by - Marybeth on Dec 23 2006 09:18:01 AM

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2006 :  08:12:13 AM  Show Profile
Glad you like the french book, I thought it was a really nice one.Lots of pretty pictures, makes you want to re arrange the whole house, I'am ok with that idea, but Richard is mixed up and lost for several days after these events.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2006 :  09:19:03 AM  Show Profile
Men!! Need I say more???? We just have to change and re-do and they have to lay on the couch just to recover. MB
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Edited by - Marybeth on Dec 23 2006 10:04:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2006 :  11:57:32 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, I also picked up the French Inspired Home...just the bit of inspiration I needed to make a few "tweaks" around here. I used to wait until my husband went out of town to rearrange, redecorate or repaint. He doesn't travel much anymore, but when he does leave, he calls frequently "just to ask how my day is going"... I think he's listening for the sounds of moving furniture or music in the background. I always rearrange to music ;-}

Sandy in Missouri

I'm at that age where I need my own warning label!
Go to Top of Page

peapodjane
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

127 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2006 :  1:01:44 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I was just thinking about the "Pretty Little Things" book about 2 hours ago, I definitely want to look at it, maybe interlibrary loan.
I've soldered a little, but that was years ago.
peapodjane
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2006 :  2:29:31 PM  Show Profile
I don't think a hot sodder gun is something I should go near, I have enough trouble with the glue gun.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

momto6
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Valerie
Goltry OK
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2006 :  2:51:52 PM  Show Profile
You ladies are crazy! I have laughed my head off reading about all your husbands and how they react to your "creative genius"!!! Sandy, your post especially made me laugh. My dh just sighs and goes on...he knows it is useless to comment. Or he smiles and nods!

Val
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic New books Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page