momto6
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Valerie
Goltry OK
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  07:43:41 AM  Show Profile

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I use my broom in the kitchen. I need ideas for a good broom I can buy (preferably inexpensive, but durable) at a Lowes or Wal-Mart. Those are about my only two options, unless there is one on-line that I can purchase through Pay-Pal. I get tired of brooms that give out, get piles of hair you can't pull out. I got a swiffer sweeper, but I get tired of buying cloths for replacement.

You would think that after 28 years of keeping house, I would know the answer to this solution, but...

Thank you
Val

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  08:41:10 AM  Show Profile
A corn broom is the best to buy. I am sure the stores mentioned would have them.. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com

"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  09:23:44 AM  Show Profile
With all our sand I too use corn brooms ...from Ace hardware...

btw gifted a swiffer by a buddy... I been using my saved sock bag (ya know the ones that lose their mates in the dryer )to make replacements... the sock pulls right over the mop head works good will even pick up cat kibbles.
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  12:05:40 PM  Show Profile
I get mine from Pleasant Hill, a shaker settlement here in Kentucky. They are abotu 2 hours south of me, but I order several at a time and they last me. With four dogs and the dirt they bring in, I need a troop of brooms! They really last me.

http://www.shakervillageky.org/shop_the_craft_store/index.cfm?task=catalog.category&Show=72

If that link doesn't work, just go to this http://www.shakervillageky.org/
and go to "shop the craft store"

Just think of all of the roads there are...all of the things I haven't seen....yet.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  12:16:44 PM  Show Profile
shooooooot! i use DOLLAR STORE BROOMS .. get's the dust and dirt up .. and i can keep several in convenient places. as long as they haven an 'angled' edge .. they work jus' fine for me. now .. i dooooooo have a wunnerful collection of olde brooms . .but don't usually use those though. xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  3:03:33 PM  Show Profile
LOL! Me too, Frannie! I don't like to tie a bunch of money into a broom when a horse can knock it, step on it, and snap the handle. These are great brooms; I have one in the barn that's been performing with the worst dirt, mud, bedding and hay shake for years.
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic a good broom Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page