Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Yippee - my foot has finally healed!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Yippee - my foot has finally healed! Next Topic  

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2006 :  05:20:22 AM  Show Profile
After almost 6 months, two orthopedic boots, one hard cast, a pair of crutches, an insanely expensive medical bone-growth device, and countless prayers, my left foot fracture has finally healed. Yesterday I took a walk around the neighborhood and drove my car, both for the first time since summer. Wonderful!

I am going to speak with my employer later today, they have let me work from home through all this (couldn't drive the 1-hour-each-way commute with clutch) and I am going to ask/plead/beg if I can stay on working from home. I've come to love working with the dogs under my desk, open windows, laundry-line breaks, and Dean Martin on the CD player. The thought of going back to a hermetically sealed building, windowless office with fluorescent lights, and office politics makes me heartsick. If you have a moment in this busy time, please send a prayer they will allow it, God willing.

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2006 :  05:53:49 AM  Show Profile
I am glad your foot has healed! (check out the parenting forum for another foot story!) I will pray with you. I can totally understand what you are feeling.
XO
Bonnie

O, Come let us adore HIM! www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2006 :  06:29:27 AM  Show Profile
Staying at home would be great, hope that works out for you.Glad your foot is so much better,been a long time.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2006 :  08:10:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Jennifer - I understand completely about the mind numbing effects of office work. I will gladly send up a prayer for your escape!

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2006 :  08:27:35 AM  Show Profile
Oh Jennifer GOOD LUCK! I wish I could work from home but I Teach so that would be a little hard to do!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.

www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2006 :  1:06:38 PM  Show Profile
Jennifer, congratulations on the healing! Wow, a long time. I'll be praying you can work from home... Home is the best place! "There's no place like home."

Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Yippee - my foot has finally healed! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page