owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  09:45:27 AM  Show Profile
Oh, it's been soooo long since I've been on this website. So much going on and no computer to use! I've just moved to the great Northwoods of WI to a little house on 2 1/2 acres of wooded land and I'm so excited to settle in. I'm completely surrounded by woods, fields and farmland. I do have a neighbor across the street so I don't feel too isolated. I'm only about 8 miles from town, so it's not too bad for grocery shopping. Today I'm writing to you all because this is the first day I've found the library! Hopefully I'll be on the computer now more often, it's been months since I've checked in with all of you. I'm sure there are lots of new faces out there. I'm impatient now for spring so I can start a vegetable garden and a flower garden. This is so exciting. I'll be looking to you all for lots of information in the future I'm sure. A Merry Christmas to all my farmgirl friends!!!

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  10:32:38 AM  Show Profile
Jan - it's great to hear from you again! 'Sounds like you've found a little piece of paradise up there in the Great Northwoods - how wonderful! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

gregs_lil_farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

219 Posts

birdi
hartford me
USA
219 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  10:34:21 AM  Show Profile  Send gregs_lil_farmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hi Jan, I am one of the new faces...this is a wonderful site for sure. Glad you came back. This is my first year as a farmgirl and i am so looking forward to flowers, herbs and veggie gardens. I'll share your excitement with you as well as many others. Welcome back.

-Simple pleasures make my heart smile-
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  10:42:57 AM  Show Profile
Hi Jan,

Welcome back. It'll be great to hear about your new home!!

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

country lawyer
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

1022 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  1:47:16 PM  Show Profile
Jan, So happy to hear that your dream has come true. Update us as often as you can about your new adventures. Sounds wonderful! Merry Christmas!

"The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time."
James Taylor
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  3:36:16 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jan, it sounds like "Little House" stories to me... wonderful. Have a lovely Christmas,

Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  4:10:27 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
Hi Jan:) Merry Christmas to you my dear:):)HUGS

"... to thine ownself be true."
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  4:17:16 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jan..I am so glad to see you here!! How fun your new place sounds!!! I hope you are here again often.I have missed you girl!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2006 :  6:11:54 PM  Show Profile
Jan- Welcome back! It's fun to come back after being away, lots of new farm friends to meet. I was "away" too for almost a year! Let's get caught up, your house sounds great!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  11:44:02 AM  Show Profile
Jan,

Congrats on your new adventure. I know exactly how you feel, having moved to my little place a few years ago. The excitment is contagious. I really enjoyed the quiet winter months because it allowed me to plan out my garden and flower beds before the feeling of instant gratification came in the spring. Enjoy your dream...it only gets better fromhere.

Jenn
Go to Top of Page

PocketFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

119 Posts

Sarah
Utica New York
119 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  11:53:08 AM  Show Profile
That is just completely fantastic to hear...I got butterflies reading it! Happy, happy holidays!
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2006 :  12:22:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jan,
Welcome back-this is so wonderful to read. Your new place sounds so great! :)
I haven't been able to visit as often as I like lately myself-what a busy year this has been! Enjoy and Happy Holidays!

Ellen in MI
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2006 :  10:17:40 AM  Show Profile
Thank you so much for all the wonderful welcomes! I started to tear up realizing how many wonderful farmgirls are out there. I finally bought a digital camera and the next project is to figure out how to use it and post some pics. It took me 30 min one day just to find the sepia coloring and that was while I had to pull over in a parking lot and sat in my car pressing every button I could find. I still am not real sure how I found it...dumb luck I guess. So learning to post pictures should take awhile...in the meantime, words will have to do! I really didn't realize how much I missed you all the last few months, looking forward to meeting the new ladies. The library is only about 8 miles from me, so I hope to be on regularly again.
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2006 :  5:44:41 PM  Show Profile
hi Jan, great to hear from you. So happy you found your peice of paradise. Merry Christmas!

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  05:29:43 AM  Show Profile
Hey, Jan! Good to see you here again. Looking forward to hearing of your Adventures of a Farmgirl in the Northwoods!!

Let us know how you fare in the snow -- when it gets here. It's all green around here now (Chicago), but you just know it's coming . . . . .
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic My Dream Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page