jo Thompson
True Blue Farmgirl

603 Posts

Jo
the mountainside of the Chugach in Alaska
USA
603 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  7:17:41 PM  Show Profile
We love George!! He take dog treats along for the dogs on his route!! He brings our can right up to the house. He's getting cookies and money this year. I don't have to chase our can down the mountain when the wind is blowing. jo

"friends don't let friends eat farmed salmon"
http://homepage.mac.com/thomja/Anchorage/PhotoAlbum15.html

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  8:44:53 PM  Show Profile
It sounds like you have a true friend in the garbage business! My little boy just *loves* it when the garbage truck comes, and our "guy" is so nice, too - he always waves to my little one... What good guys!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2006 :  05:40:38 AM  Show Profile
I love our "sanitation engineer", Dave, also!!! He's always smiling, and such a joy. He was recently in an accident with his garbage truck, and is religious, drives with his bible. His bible was destroyed in the accident, so I am giving him a gift card to the Christian Bookstore and some dogfood for his hogs--he gives it to them as a treat. I don't know anything about hog raising, but I would imagine it's a welcome treat!

Just think of all of the roads there are...all of the things I haven't seen....yet.
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2006 :  10:24:35 AM  Show Profile
I think it is awesome that you remember these folks.
I asked at work what everyone was giving their postal carriers............
Most said nothing!! That's their job. I was just dumbfounded for a moment.

I think that is the joy of the season, remebering those that are taken for granted all year (postal carriers, paper carriers, sanitation workers, etc.)

I am giving the trash collection guy and cleaning gal at my office a goodie bag!

~~Bridge's Boutique~~

Edited by - Bridge on Dec 15 2006 10:24:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

bybiddie
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

susan
upstate ny
USA
267 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2006 :  12:12:00 PM  Show Profile
I don't have trash pick-up - I bring it to the transfer station. Nice guys there - they're getting cookies and coffee! My mailman is great, too - he leaves me a note in the mailbox when he's put a package in my shed. Cookies & two little notebooks to replace all the pages he's used! ;o) Very limited cash this holiday season, so it's homemade for all! I'm sure the attorneys in my office will pooh-pooh their cookies & homemade ornament, but all I can say is "ho-ho-ho"!!!

susan

Lovin' my life
http://BizzyHands.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2006 :  12:29:53 PM  Show Profile
No way, if they're like the attorney's in my office, they'll eat anything that isn't nailed down! The partner I work for needs a sugar high every afternoon so I keep a candy jar on my desk--never fails.

I really love our garbage man, but I'm just not a fan of the postman that delivers our mail. Now, the postman that works in the main branch where I drop our office mail and overseas mail is super cool, and he always gets Graeters gift cards (it's this wonderful homemade ice cream local to the Cincinnati area--YUM YUM)

Just think of all of the roads there are...all of the things I haven't seen....yet.
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2006 :  06:15:13 AM  Show Profile
We gave our garbage man, David, his giftcard this morning--he's very faithful, and a few weeks ago, got into an accident with his truck and his bible was destroyed in the accident, so we thought we'd give him a giftcard to the Family Christian Bookstore.

When we pulled up this morning, he was smiling and chatting as usual, with a neighbor way up the street, who had also given him an envelope--this gentleman leaned into our window and said, "Isn't he the greatest guy? He radiates pure joy" and it was such a wonderful way to kickstart my day. I haven't really felt real "christmassy" this week because my Aunt's longtime companion took ill and passed on Monday, but I'm feeling MUCH better today!

Go to Top of Page

Sweet Harvest Homestead
True Blue Farmgirl

279 Posts

Lindy
Stanfield NC
USA
279 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2006 :  03:51:30 AM  Show Profile
You all are great!
I always make up a little something to give to my mail lady, ups man, garbage man. Anyone who I see often and provides a service to our family.
Lindy

www.sweetharvesthomestead.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Gifts for George - the garbage guy Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page