Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  11:02:48 AM  Show Profile
My whole little family has had a cold for the past few day, and last night, it progressed into what might most delicately be called a "stomach bug." I'll tell you - I've never before had to deal with a throwing up baby and a throwing up three-year-old while throwing up myself. It was almost too much! Finally, after having NO MORE CLEAN SHEETS IN THE WHOLE HOUSE, we were able to put together "make-do" beds and get some sleep. Things look brighter this morning, as the stomach part of things seems to have worked itself up and out (ha ha!), but, geez, that was certainly a night not to remember!

...just thought I'd post about this in case any of you farmgirls are up against the same thing - my thoughts and good wishes are most DEFINITELY with you!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  11:17:08 AM  Show Profile
Aw honey! That's awful! hope you are all feeling much better today!
XO
Bonnie

...she is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above rubies or pearls.
Prov 31:10
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  11:29:42 AM  Show Profile
Oh Libbie, I sure your family is well again soon so you all can truly enjoy the holidays, that's rough having everyone sick the same time, hang in there and get rested up!!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com
And my new food blog at: www.homesteadblogger.com/gardencafe
Go to Top of Page

lilpunkin
True Blue Farmgirl

368 Posts

Texas
USA
368 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  11:35:58 AM  Show Profile
I hope you and your family are feeling well soon. I guess one up side to it is that you will all be over it at the same time.

Life isn't measured by how many breaths you take, but by how many moments take your breath away.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  11:58:19 AM  Show Profile
Right now my daughter has two children (3 1/2 and 9 months) with strep throat and she is sick too. I spent all day yesterday with them, and her poor hubby was very tired from trying to do it all the day before. No fun! Hope you and yours are better soon!

Ephesians 1:17

Edited by - jpbluesky on Dec 14 2006 11:58:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  1:42:48 PM  Show Profile
Well, Libbie, I guess it's better that you all got it out of your system at the same time rather than one right after another. The kids and can sleep and take it easy till they feel better, but the MOM has to keep on going! Make sure you take care of yourself, too!

Sandy In Missouri
Go to Top of Page

bybiddie
True Blue Farmgirl

267 Posts

susan
upstate ny
USA
267 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  2:33:27 PM  Show Profile
Oh, geez, Libbie - what an ordeal! I'm glad it was a fast (and furious) "bug". Hope everyone's on the mend...

xxx susan

Lovin' my life
http://BizzyHands.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  3:09:19 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all so much for your good wishes! We've had a much better day today - my little guy is even asking what's for dinner - I think it really WAS a "fast and furious" one. Now all we have are a few stuffy noses and coughs - that, I can handle!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  4:55:48 PM  Show Profile
Oh Libbie..I bet it is the same yuck that went through our family last week...it was for sure fast and furious!! My two youngest kids never got it for some reason( I am NOT complaining) but the rest of us got it one by one. Ugh!! I hope you are tons better. It takes a couple of days to get your strength back. You take it easy!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2006 :  7:35:47 PM  Show Profile
Libbie, you have my heartfelt sympathy. You, too, Jenny! Do you think it's all the crowds everywhere we go this time of year? In any case, I'm so glad you're better! JP, stay healthy after being care-giver!

XO,
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

katiedid
True Blue Farmgirl

601 Posts

Kate
West Jordan Utah
USA
601 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2006 :  09:00:42 AM  Show Profile
Libbie!! I know exactly what you mean!! It is NO fun trying to lift you head off the bathroom floor to hold your babies!

I am SOO glad it was short lived!

*WARNING* we had that same junk 2 weeks ago, and the little kids are still coughing..I called the doc, and the nurse told me some horrible story about a virus they have knick-named the 100 day cold!!!
Yeah, I am hoping we don't have that...but we have had junky noses and coughs for about 16 days now....
Good news, it doesn't really slow the kids down too much, and they are sleeping well.
I guess it is just winter!
Kate

my new blog http/www.theknifemakerswife.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2006 :  5:22:31 PM  Show Profile
I am amazed at the amount of things going around at school..ugh!! I must have told little kids to grab a kleenex a hundred times today..and washed my hands as many times (not OCD..really!!) I was in First grade to sub today. I am amazed that teachers are EVER well..haha
100 day cold...crud!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2006 :  6:54:59 PM  Show Profile
Oh Libbie, that's the worst! So glad to hear you are all on the mend. I'm thinking of all those sheets to wash though, UGH!
Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2006 :  11:09:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh Libbie
Im so sorry that you all had it at once, gosh its all I could do to take care of myself when I had it. Hope everything is getting better now.
and you are all ok for christmas.
Shirley
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2006 :  11:42:15 PM  Show Profile
This stuff is a mean bug, isn't it?!?!?! After reading that I'm for sure not the only one of us farmgirls to be down for a while with it, I'm sending healthy wishes to ALL of you out there! As of today, my house is officially back in order, but the boys and I are still coughing up a storm every night, and sniffling like crazy during the day - but the stomach nastiness appears to be gone (I'm knocking on wood with my other hand as I type this!)...

I hope you're feeling better, too, Shirley, and all of you other farmgirls that caught this one. It DOES make you wonder if it's not contagious over the internet, doesn't it?

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Ugh. Sickness... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page