Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Magazine: Call for Entries
 Keeping in Touch
 Live to Give...post your stories here!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Live to Give...post your stories here! Next Topic
Page: of 3

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  09:27:58 AM  Show Profile
What a lovely idea! Reminds me of Fried Green Tomatoes...the bee charmer and the woman who decoupaged flowers on her wall. It's good to see what others are doing, it gives me new ideas about how to share with others. :)

The quilt I made and raffled off last year, the proceeds went to the local school to help kids in band go to Washington DC. The winner of the quilt re-donated it this year, and the proceeds went to a local fire department. It has now raised over $1000 to help out locally, and I hope the gal who won it this year continues the trend so a small thing can keep growing and doing more good for more people.

You just never know what ripples even a seemingly small act of generosity can generate.
Go to Top of Page

marjean
True Blue Farmgirl

3851 Posts

Marsha
Deltona FL
USA
3851 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  09:43:57 AM  Show Profile
You are all on the right track, but don't forget we who think this way will always be the minority. But, there is hope that there will be a better world full of people just like all of you and me one day soon. I'd like to share something encouraging with all of you that will hopefully help you keep doing what you are doing regardless of what the rest of the world is doing. A song that is near to my heart. Enjoy!

1. Can you see, with your mind's eye, peoples dwelling together? Sorrow has passed. Peace at last! Life without tears and pain.
2. Man and beast, living in peace, cause no harm to each other. Food will be there. All will share in what our God provides.
3. In those days old will grow young, flesh revived as in childhood. Troubles are gone, from now on no need to weep or fear
4. Paradise all will enjoy as they sing of God's glory. Yes, ev'ry day we will say to God our Maker, Thanks!
(chorus)
Sing out with joy of heart. You too can have a part. Live for the day when you'll say: 'LIfe without end-at last!'
Keep the faith alive,
Marjean

handmade cards and jewelry at jeanpatchbymk.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  10:03:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
That was so beautiful Marsha. I agree that people who do and think the way we all do are indeed a minority. I see greed, selfishness, and hatred everyday in this world and I wish there could indeed be peace on earth. I hope that even if I don't live long enough to see it, that my children and my grandchildren will live in a world that is united in peace.

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Tammy Claxton on Aug 02 2008 10:04:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  09:12:42 AM  Show Profile
I peacefully disagree. I think lots of people intend good, there are those who do good, and then there are (remember) a few bad apples. I'm determined to see it that way, as it give me more hope.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  6:44:15 PM  Show Profile
don't know if this is the right spot to mention this, but if you have a minute, I've a
little story about how MJF magazines have touched my mother's life.
On my blog:
http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/2008/08/mjf-to-rescue.html

http://bonne1313.blogspot.com/ BLOG
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2008 :  07:43:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
That was so wonderful Bonne! I hope everything is well with your mom :)

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Georgiann
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

Georgiann
Seymour IN
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2008 :  11:47:28 AM  Show Profile
That was a wonderful story, Bonne, thanks for sharing it. When I discovered MJF, one of my first thoughts was how much my mom would have loved the magazine. She was a life-long farmgirl, who lived to give to others -- Red Cross nurse, 4-H leader, devoted mom, wife and church lady. And my hero.

Georgiann

Whatever you do, do it with your whole heart
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  2:17:35 PM  Show Profile
I am a Church lady also, and empty nester, so my gift to those with little ones, is to help them, either in their homes, (cleaning), or keeping their precious little ones....

Farmgirls are Farmgirls no matter where or how we live.....we can't help it! ;)
froccsfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  2:43:27 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I agree with Huckleberry, I think the majority of people are well intended and often they maybe just don't know how or when or slow their lives down enough to actually engage.

When I think of "live to give", my mind automatically goes to those types of people that "give" as just an out pouring of who they are. It isn't contrived or for attention or in some big way... it is just like an overflow of whom they are. I think we all know the ones I am talking about, it isn't about them having a lot, and it is just their core belief that there is always abundance. That they don't have to "hold on to anything" because they know that their needs are always met or that someone else’s comfort brings them a level of joy that is sustaining. To me the biggest givers are those that manage to do it from such a pure place. It is the little envelope you find in your pocket, or a note in the mail that says you’re in my thoughts and prayers, or the bag of groceries left on the door stoop. We can all be moved to "GIVE", but to me; live to give is a measure of who someone is when no one is watching.

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
Mae West

Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  08:18:01 AM  Show Profile
Karen~ We love to make shoeboxes for Operations Christmas Child, too. It is one of our favorite things.
Kate~We have similar stories. I met my husband and we were married a few months later.

We love to find ways to help others here. It can be a bit hard with things getting so out of control in our country but I believe it's the little things that matter.
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  5:10:17 PM  Show Profile
I heard it said, that, if we can keep on lovin' when the whole world isnt, then we have something those that don't love don't have....
the hardest thing is to keep on lovin' when someone is not loving to us....
How do each of you do it? I want to hear.......

Farmgirl Sister #368
froccsfrillsfurbiloesandmore.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2008 :  8:03:14 PM  Show Profile
I hope as I live over in India I will be able to reach out to the children in some way volunteering .....right now I am not sure exactly how I will do this...but will look at different organizations when I get there. I know that I have an awful lot of love and energy to share with them.

One thing I am definitely doing is bringing my old blood pressure machine
which still works and will donate it to a local clinic.

Beverly Gill
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Live to Give...post your stories here! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page